• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weezer?

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
anyone here a fan? One of my favorite bands. Mostly like blue and pink(and all the demoes[kitchen tape, 1st real, Songs from the black hole, SS2K, etc]) any other big fans who have all the unreleased stuff?

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
needless to say, im a diehard fan. Most of the non-released things album titles come from karl koch's complete list of weezer recording history(with dates in front so they are in chronologic order). my weezer itunes discography:
weezer_disc.jpg
(comprised of demos I got from the ss2k website(now defunct), karl koch's page, weerez.com, and the alone cds rivers released)

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was a big fan of the blue album and pinkerton, and downloaded everything i could in the form of demo until the green album was released. in my opinion i progressively became less interested in them, although i still bought all their albums. but i have a question, your album list goes back to demos from 1987. i thought the band formed in 1992...

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a good album once.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
They had a good album once.

I love Pinkerton too, but how can you not like their debut LP?

RedLetterDay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
anyone here a fan? One of my favorite bands. Mostly like blue and pink(and all the demoes[kitchen tape, 1st real, Songs from the black hole, SS2K, etc]) any other big fans who have all the unreleased stuff?

I used to like them a lot more, their most recent album I thought was complete garbage, as well as Make Believe & Maladroit. Pinkerton & the Blue album I still enjoy very much and there are a handful of songs on the Green album also.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Blue Album is fantastic, one of my favorites, I like Pinkerton, will listen to the Green album and Maladroit on occasion if I'm in the mood for some nerdcore, everything after that is beyond awful. It's a complete mystery to me how someone who used to write great songs steadily got worse and worse to the point they're putting out complete garbage.

RabbitChannel

Reaction score
I don't like their recent stuff. Ah, Island in the Sun and Say it Ain't So, that's better. d:

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
i was a big fan of the blue album and pinkerton, and downloaded everything i could in the form of demo until the green album was released. in my opinion i progressively became less interested in them, although i still bought all their albums. but i have a question, your album list goes back to demos from 1987. i thought the band formed in 1992...

1987-1990 is avant garde/zoom, rivers cuomo's hair metal type band formed before weezer(I have it sorted under them). Also have the only Fuzz song I could find.. Kitchen Tape is the first actual 'weezer' thing there.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLetterDay
I used to like them a lot more, their most recent album I thought was complete garbage, as well as Make Believe & Maladroit. Pinkerton & the Blue album I still enjoy very much and there are a handful of songs on the Green album also.

I used to think like that too, but I've become such a big fan that I kind of accept all the post-pinkerton albums for what they are.

The Green Album is my least favorite album out of them all, the only songs I like are Hash Pipe and Island in the Sun[for nostalgic purposes]. I actually enjoy Maladroit and I rank it somewhere above green/make believe but of course under pink and blue. Make Believe was another epic failure, I disliked it almost as much as I disliked Green(prob would have disliked it more If it was the first non awesome weez record as green was imho). The Red album I liked better than Make Believe of like just because I see hints of blue in it here and there. Pork and Beans reminds me of El Scorcho, There are parts of Greatest man that sound a lot like Surf Wax, Dreamin is also pretty good, and Angel and the One is sort of an attempt at a new only in dreams style goes-on-forever building-up-steam type of thing.

eon90210

Reaction score
Blue and pink are my favourite. I still have the signed guitar pick I caught at one of their live concerts. Say is ain't sooooooooooooo..........

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
pinkerton is a good album. the rest kinda suck. blue has moments but ultimately i don't really like. pinkerton has edge, grunge, passion, etc... The rest do not and rivers even admitted it and doesn't like pinkerton for those reasons. I for one disagree with him and don't think music should be created in a vacuum.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't this topic come up in the chatroom last night?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads