• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Web Design Question - Any Way to Set Up So Vids Can't be Downloaded?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find the proper Google search terms to look it up myself.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really have a clue about webdesign, but how about setting up a stream? So they can only save the stream with like VLC and not simply download it.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I just bought a domain name today. I'm going to spend a couple weeks trying to put together my site, using this book. Any better advice?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Couldn't find the proper Google search terms to look it up myself.

Internet axiom: If it can be viewed it can be saved. Someone with video capture software, someone that goes around all your redirection, etc, can get to it.

I just bought a domain name today. I'm going to spend a couple weeks trying to put together my site, using this book. Any better advice?

If you've already bought it, return it. There are literally thousands of tutorials on the web. What are you looking for your website to do? I can probably direct you to a specific tutorial I've used/that is okay.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

outsource it....use oDesk.com

Good idea. Or set up a turn-key system such as Joomla or Wordpress, which will basically give you the entire web design templates and setup - all you'll have to add is your content (well, depending on how fancy you want to get). The number of extensions and addons to Joomla is amazing. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions . You can demo it here: http://demo.joomla.org/ . It's free, although they'd like you to host your domain on Cloudaccess.net, although there's no requirement to do so. Just about every decent web hosting service will have automated 1 click installation scripts for Joomla or Wordpress.

If you're setting up a business site where you plan on doing $ transactions, look into Jimdo, moonfruit, weebly, or yola.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads