• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gdot The Finsbury looks great! I don't have any shell in my collection....might need to be addressed? I like polishing my shoes too much!

I think everyone should have a pair or two of shell shoes. Mostly for casual or sport coat fits.

As for the polishing - yes I do have a problem with shoes that don't require my love and attention (suede) as I do enjoy the hobby of polishing.

Fortunately shell shoes actually require more care than one might think if you wish to have them looking fabulous. Building up the finish/shine can actually take a lot of brushing and time if you wish to have them looking really great. Now once they are up to speed they are more carefree.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow! Those really are stunning.

Thanks. They were an impulse purchase that I do not regret. I wasn't in the market for a traditional pair of shell oxfords - as frankly the style is not a part of my normal steez.

But when I saw these in the store, the clouds parted, beams of light streaked down from above, and angels sang! What could I do but buy them? :embar:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MH71
06f59134.jpg

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

glenjay

Reaction score

Shouts out to all - in a rush today - sorry.
Shoes - C&J Finsbury, Horween Shell, starting to take on a great shine (purchased November so far they've had one coat of Reno, one coat of Kiwi tan paste was and another coat of Reno and LOT's of buffing.)
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Epaulet

Cross poast from Rock your Socks Threak

What a supurb example of a versitile casual shoe. I bet this shoe will have a tremendous amount of character in a few years. It's actually quite interesting right now.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The spoopoker do it very good. :nodding:
:slayer:

Can spoopoker post more picture of that shoe?

I will.... Ive got them in the camera, just need to upload them.

:slayer:

I am always fond of reddish brown as a color for shoes, and they go great with your grey flannel trousers.
I suspect however that the excellent shine on the toe was induced as you sat and watched. Still, a great shine and a great shoe.

Thanks! You assume correctly that I did not shine them myself. The master of all masters did. :)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes - Carmina (Horween Shell) :inlove:
Socks - Pantherella
Trou - Banana Republic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads