• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wall-e

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Phenomenal. Go see it.

b

dpw

Reaction score
man is truly evil...dark dark dark...no, no wait a moment. consumerism is root of all evil. well, isn't the capitalist sytem the real root of ALL evil? this from folks living in most consumer driven and truly hip county in the usa ( marin, ca). drive by pixar lot and look at autos parked there. enough of the preaching please. the topper... watch machines in love, while humans sit sucking sustanance from a tube. note the punishment of mankind, oh so well deserved. i for one felt so very cleansed (much like the high colonic so popular in n. calif) after the movie. nothing new here. same old same old. man's greed, glutonmy and heart of darkness theme. next up for pixar; machines live in happy humanist-less humans- world where artificial intellegence (crowd sourced, of course) based central planning produces "just enough" of everything deemed "just so" from totally recycled materials. stars avatars looking very much like al gore and mrs laurie david (shortly after her divorce from funny man larry) living in solar powered mansion and jetting around the universe in hydrogen craft proclaiming virtues of humanless existance. cameo appearence by cherly crow avatar peeing with virtually no tp thus saving the planet from landfill mess.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpw
man is truly evil...dark dark dark...no, no wait a moment. consumerism is root of all evil. well, isn't the capitalist sytem the real root of ALL evil? this from folks living in most consumer driven and truly hip county in the usa ( marin, ca). drive by pixar lot and look at autos parked there. enough of the preaching please. the topper... watch machines in love, while humans sit sucking sustanance from a tube. note the punishment of mankind, oh so well deserved. i for one felt so very cleansed (much like the high colonic so popular in n. calif) after the movie. nothing new here. same old same old. man's greed, glutonmy and heart of darkness theme. next up for pixar; machines live in happy humanist-less humans- world where artificial intellegence (crowd sourced, of course) based central planning produces "just enough" of everything deemed "just so" from totally recycled materials. stars avatars looking very much like al gore and mrs laurie david (shortly after her divorce from funny man larry) living in solar powered mansion and jetting around the universe in hydrogen craft proclaiming virtues of humanless existance. cameo appearence by cherly crow avatar peeing with virtually no tp thus saving the planet from landfill mess.

I think there's a difference between appreciating the merits of a film and disagreeing with its ideological tenets. There are a number of films, especially from immigrant directors like Capra, that are criticized for painting a rosy picture of America that wasn't real, but still stand out as exceptional films.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved it! I knew I would since I'm a sucker for sci fi and post apocalyptic settings. For a Disney movie it was very romantic, and the scene where Wall-E had no memory of EVE made me sad because it reminded of alzheimer's
confused.gif
. I laughed several times during the little cartoon with the magician and bunny they played before the movie started.

A few things to note:

-The hanger where EVEs ship arrives is modeled after Space Mountain.

-Wall-E has the Apple start up sound, and Ive, apple designer, collaborated with Pixar on the design of EVE.

-I suspect two morbidly obese people in my theatre must have been very self conscious, especially the one with a huge drink and tub of buttered popcorn.

-The ship reminded me of Disney Land, probably not the association they were going for.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dpw
I liked the cuteness, but at the same time I agree with this hilarious and barely-coherent review. To anybody who has seen the movie, I would also like to point out that there are at least ten variants of the WALL-E figure alone.
dragonballzcentral_2006_814478707

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
So, will my kids like it as well (they're 5 and 2)? I've seen really good reviews and am looking forward to seeing it myself, but I'm slightly concerned that it is geared toward adults.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
Thanks for the review. I haven't seen a bad word about it yet.

I guess Hollywood was due for a blockbuster that wouldn't be a complete flop this summer.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

injung

Reaction score
Ugh, when we go to the theater it was sold out for the rest of the day except the last showing at around 11pm (we got there at around 4:30). Watched Get Smart instead, which was actually a lot better than I expected. Well, there's always next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads