• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wall-e

BigHandMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
So, will my kids like it as well (they're 5 and 2)? I've seen really good reviews and am looking forward to seeing it myself, but I'm slightly concerned that it is geared toward adults.

I took my almost 6-year old and her best friend, same age. They loved it, as did I. Terrific film.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I didn't like it, despite the ideology, which is very much close to mine.

Hackneyed cutesy.

But my 8 yr. old loved it, and that's what counts.

$40 for the movie and snacks?

Blockbuster's 34.99 for total access is lookin pretty good right now.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.

$40 for the movie and snacks?

Blockbuster's 34.99 for total access is lookin pretty good right now.

This is why I rarely go to the theater. I've got a better video and audio system in my house, and I can cook better and cheaper food. What's the point of going to an overpriced place with loud/obnoxious people and terrible food? The only real advantages to going to the theater are seeing a movie as early as possible and the fact that you're getting out of the house.

Shraka

Reaction score
I doesn't come out for TWO AND A HALF MONTHS HERE!

What the hell? I thought Australia was over being months behind on movies!?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Thought Fred Willard was pretty funny, and liked the implication that with 700 years of gluttonous atrophy, humans would essentially look like computer-animated characters
smile.gif

A question we immediately considered--how was the plant growing with no sunlight?

Much has been said about allusions--to ET, Star Wars, etc., but I have seen nothing (I havent really looked) linking Wall-e to his most obvious antecedent--Johnny 5!

johnny5isalivezq7.jpg

Somewhere Steve Gutenberg is crying.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i want to go see it now.

all the previews for Wall E were pretty lame i thought. but now my curiosity is piqued.

i have blockbuster online rental membership for the past year now:

for only 19.99 a month, i get

3 rentals i can choose out simultaneously (from convenience of computer)
mailed out to me,
when i return them i just return them to the store,
each rental returned gets me a free IN-STORE rental.

so basically,
i have a continual influx of movies, while Netflix you have to wait while you return the movies via mail.

plus, i get e-coupons all the time from blockbuster.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
i want to go see it now.

all the previews for Wall E were pretty lame i thought. but now my curiosity is piqued.

i have blockbuster online rental membership for the past year now:

for only 19.99 a month, i get

3 rentals i can choose out simultaneously (from convenience of computer)
mailed out to me,
when i return them i just return them to the store,
each rental returned gets me a free IN-STORE rental.

so basically,
i have a continual influx of movies, while Netflix you have to wait while you return the movies via mail.

plus, i get e-coupons all the time from blockbuster.

I started at 17.99 for the same pkg, and they've raised the price twice and now I'm at 34.99. Sounds like I'm getting the shaft.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I started at 17.99 for the same pkg, and they've raised the price twice and now I'm at 34.99. Sounds like I'm getting the shaft.

wow.
yes, it started at 17.99 for me as well. then they raised the price to 19.99 a few months ago without even warning me.

i guess i will be expecting 34.99 as well?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't like it

You don't like kittens and puppies either, do you? Sheesh, some people.

b

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw Wall-E yesterday. Really liked it (and no Conne, not only because of the massive use of Hello Dolly footage
wink.gif
). But.... am I the only here who saw more than a couple "similarities" with Mike Judge's Idiocracy?
patch[1].gif
The whole vision of the future, mountains of trash, giant Cosco/BNL, etc.... some of the shots were almost straight from Idiocracy

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Saw Wall-E yesterday. Really liked it (and no Conne, not only because of the massive use of Hello Dolly footage
wink.gif
). But.... am I the only here who saw more than a couple "similarities" with Mike Judge's Idiocracy?
patch[1].gif
The whole vision of the future, mountains of trash, giant Cosco/BNL, etc.... some of the shots were almost straight from Idiocracy

I was thinking that the whole time. Man I love that movie. "Hey, a couple of us guys were wonderin', uh, if we could go family-style on her."

samblau

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it! Best movie I have seen in a while...of course all I have seen recently is Wall*E and The Zohan.

finch

Reaction score
I took my 3yr old to see WALL-E this weekend, both of us thought it was great!

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
wink.gif
patch[1].gif

That's exactly what it felt like for me. A more watchable Idiocracy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads