• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the most part, you can probably acquire most of what you want via ZenMarket without having to go through a shady individual proxy. I've used them a lot recently to buy stuff from 45r, Undercover, and Mina Perhonen (for my kid).
Zenmarket is still my go to, especially on the duty front.

renozz

Reaction score
I like Zenmarket, but you're usually left purchasing items that don't sell out quicky. I wish there was a way to schedule a purchase at drop, or purchase the item without waiting for the proxy to complete the purchase on your behalf.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah +1 for ZenMarket. The only downside is, as others have mentioned, that the time from order placed to actual purchase by ZM can be rather long (1-2 days). Even though they seem to have customer care people available 24/7, they only seem to have people in charge of making purchases during regular Japanese office hours.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is an issue with brands like Vis where the drops are not great for me timing wise in the UK. But do From Japan or Buyee buy quicker?

I also like that Zen has a credit limit, so they can buy up to 50k yen on my behalf without needing to deposit in my account beforehand, just in case a bid or purchase is unsuccessful.

alex99

Reaction score
Yeah that is an issue with brands like Vis where the drops are not great for me timing wise in the UK. But do From Japan or Buyee buy quicker?

I also like that Zen has a credit limit, so they can buy up to 50k yen on my behalf without needing to deposit in my account beforehand, just in case a bid or purchase is unsuccessful.

I used From Japan just a few weeks ago and they waited too long to buy after I paid. Both of my items sold out and they refunded me. The items were on sale, and it was over the weekend, so that may be why.

Here are the times to give you an idea:

Sat, May 28, 9:04 PM: Registered with site.
Sun, May 29, 2:15 AM: Paid full amount after receiving request
Sun, May 29, 6:21 PM received email that Order was cancelled

I was pretty unhappy but it may just be that they are not there on Sundays. I've used stylistics and they usually purchase for me very quickly, often in 1 hour or less. They charge 10% though so it can get pricey.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used From Japan just a few weeks ago and they waited too long to buy after I paid. Both of my items sold out and they refunded me. The items were on sale, and it was over the weekend, so that may be why.

Here are the times to give you an idea:

Sat, May 28, 9:04 PM: Registered with site.
Sun, May 29, 2:15 AM: Paid full amount after receiving request
Sun, May 29, 6:21 PM received email that Order was cancelled

I was pretty unhappy but it may just be that they are not there on Sundays. I've used stylistics and they usually purchase for me very quickly, often in 1 hour or less. They charge 10% though so it can get pricey.
Yeah an actual proxy is the best way for that sort of thing, but would rather not pay extra for it. The issue I have is the refund will often be less than what I paid due to exchange rates etc.

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone have a pair of brown (leather not suede) brigadiers in US 11 or 12 they’d be interested in selling. Always wanted a pair but never come up on websites. And if they do they’re ICT ones that people selling for like $2k+.

hobojones

Reaction score
I’ve got a size 4 dotera mil in olive I’m looking to let go of for $550 shipped. Im ready to pull the trigger on an iris jacket so I’m offloading where I can.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy discounts on Mytheresa. 30% off last size pieces. Just go an UD Amplus for sub £250 shipped.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cray prices on MyTheresa atm. Most, with a 30% extra off and sub JP retail.

Does anyone also have the hi-top G Patten? Would like thoughts on clown shoe vibes.

Emixam

Reaction score
Cray prices on MyTheresa atm. Most, with a 30% extra off and sub JP retail.

Does anyone also have the hi-top G Patten? Would like thoughts on clown shoe vibes.

have them in US12, my favoutite pair to match my bigger leg opening pants (25cm or more)

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any fits, then let me know. Have an eye on a black pair. White may have been a better look. Not sure though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads