• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, what's everyone's opinion on the new diffusion line, Visvim Sport?

I don't get it tbh. It reminds me of something Nigel Cabourn would do. It is definitely not performance led, as no one is running in a pair of Vis trainers. Definitely Style over Substence. The swim shorts may be cool and the shorts.

Also, from having had merino wool base layers from Rapha, wool is not always the most comfortable, despite wicking moisture and sweat relatively efficiently.

Darius.T

Reaction score
I’m considering ordering a Chamdo from Norse Store. Does anyone have any idea what the customs fees would be for a ~$1500 jacket shipped to the US from Europe? Just trying to get an idea if it would be on the scale of $100, $500, or $1000??? I’ve only ever ordered from overseas when the total value is below the customs threshold, so I have no idea.

Yo,

I'm a dude from Switzerland - so outside of the EU as well - and I sell stuff to the US regularly.

From experience you'll have to call costums and just ask. Probably way quicker than online searching, as I think the US as there are a **** load of treaties and exceptions and it's super hard to find the correct stuff. Also think that stuff depends on the state your in?

Recently sold a Ruunpe Coat to a dude in New York for ~900$ and I think he paid around 80$? But again, Switzerland is not part of the EU thus this might differ vastly for EU countries.

On another note: I do have a grey chamdo since it came out as well and I ******* love it. If you have any questions regarding sizing or want some photos hit me up.

Cheers

Darius.T

Reaction score
Prices? Might like a Vis wool tank if it’s not too much.

You can check em on the japanese webstore (they redesigned the website it looks like and I'm not that big of a fan).

But yeah the Tank is 30k Yen so roughly 300$ and if you then put on the "馬鹿外人"-tax, we'll definitely end up in the 400USD range. So nah, count me the **** out Hiroki baby

newyorkdork

Reaction score
Yo,

I'm a dude from Switzerland - so outside of the EU as well - and I sell stuff to the US regularly.

From experience you'll have to call costums and just ask. Probably way quicker than online searching, as I think the US as there are a **** load of treaties and exceptions and it's super hard to find the correct stuff. Also think that stuff depends on the state your in?

Recently sold a Ruunpe Coat to a dude in New York for ~900$ and I think he paid around 80$? But again, Switzerland is not part of the EU thus this might differ vastly for EU countries.

On another note: I do have a grey chamdo since it came out as well and I ******* love it. If you have any questions regarding sizing or want some photos hit me up.

Cheers
I have no idea how to call customs and ask but $80 on a $900 Ruunpe is a good data point. Thanks!

Darius.T

Reaction score
I have no idea how to call customs and ask but $80 on a $900 Ruunpe is a good data point. Thanks!

There‘s probably a costums office in your city or the next surrounding big city. Otherwise, you can try to ask at the post office directly? :)

Good luck!

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get it tbh. It reminds me of something Nigel Cabourn would do. It is definitely not performance led, as no one is running in a pair of Vis trainers. Definitely Style over Substence. The swim shorts may be cool and the shorts.

Also, from having had merino wool base layers from Rapha, wool is not always the most comfortable, despite wicking moisture and sweat relatively efficiently.

Cabourn has already done this and has done it for years. Cabourn's flagship store in Japan is called the Army Gym and it's literally just that

This **** sucks. Don't be a victim. No one should buy it.

shopsecondhandvisvim

Reaction score

Harrier Down Jacket Camo
size: 4,5
Price: down to $1827 shipped with code: EXTRA20

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cabourn has already done this and has done it for years. Cabourn's flagship store in Japan is called the Army Gym and it's literally just that

This **** sucks. Don't be a victim. No one should buy it.
Exactly. And of the two, Cabourn does this better. Even Real McCoy's tbh. It just seems really odd as a concept. Nothing Americana about it. Unless you consider Depression Era boxing Americana.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Harrier Down Jacket Camo
size: 4,5
Price: down to $1827 shipped with code: EXTRA20
Decent price. That website has gone crazy since I last used it. Love it though!

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also agree that this new sport project is mostly nonsensical. Hiroki didn't like synthetics so he opted for something that absorbs sweat instead? Sneakers that are the same as mainline but monochrome, shorts that very few dudes would wear casually due to inseam. If it's any consolation I saw gyms becoming very popular in Japan a few years ago and maybe hiroki wants to capitalize on the rising popularity of fitness in Japan + take advantage of the post covid excitement to get back into the gym.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Visvim Sport seems like the type of concept that nobody will care about until Kanye West (or insert any other fashionable celebrity) is photographed in it at Whole Foods with his family. Suddenly, it will sell out, resellers will grin with glee, people will feel FOMO, and Visvim will ramp up production until it quickly dies down as people realize they don't want to wear their $400 tank top to the gym.

Darius.T

Reaction score
Visvim Sport seems like the type of concept that nobody will care about until Kanye West (or insert any other fashionable celebrity) is photographed in it at Whole Foods with his family. Suddenly, it will sell out, resellers will grin with glee, people will feel FOMO, and Visvim will ramp up production until it quickly dies down as people realize they don't want to wear their $400 tank top to the gym.

Lol spot on!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bike is cool but yeah this is ridiculous, and yeah it sucks.
I agree it kind of sucks but don’t know why it’s ridiculous. Who cares about a designer making some stuff you don’t want. Maybe I’m reading this wrong but sometimes it sounds like people take this kind of thing as a personal betrayal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads