• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I think, it's in line with the general ethos of the brand. Not sure how it's "style" over substance as it's all basic black, it's actually A LOT of substance over style. A really thin wool shirt sounds very comfortable if their cotton/cashmere blend shirts are anything to go by. Also, I don't see very many people actually play basketball in their Off White x Nike collabs do you? that my friend is style over substance. played out "look at me" style over slave labor sweatshop substance for actual ridiculous prices based mostly on hype. Do I think it's worth what they'll be charging for? of course not, I'll enjoy buying one a few years down the line for a fraction of retail price.

I mean, were we expecting Prada or Versace Sport here? c'mon now....you know hiroki isn't about gaudy branding and clothes without provenance.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand who the buyer is for it.

Orlebar Brown, and Wander, Rapha, Satisfy etc. All have a market in making quality, design led products for their markets, which had pretty run of the mill stuff prior. Their designers made the stuff because they, like Hiroki, couldn't find a brand that made what they were looking for.

The dissertation is written in a way that Hiroki has made this for actual gym use and it just wouldn't work imo. If he had done a collab with salmon for footwear, for example, that would make sense.

Im all for each to their own etc, but it just feels like a dud.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I think, it's in line with the general ethos of the brand. Not sure how it's "style" over substance as it's all basic black, it's actually A LOT of substance over style. A really thin wool shirt sounds very comfortable if their cotton/cashmere blend shirts are anything to go by. Also, I don't see very many people actually play basketball in their Off White x Nike collabs do you? that my friend is style over substance. played out "look at me" style over slave labor sweatshop substance for actual ridiculous prices based mostly on hype. Do I think it's worth what they'll be charging for? of course not, I'll enjoy buying one a few years down the line for a fraction of retail price.

I mean, were we expecting Prada or Versace Sport here? c'mon now....you know hiroki isn't about gaudy branding and clothes without provenance.
We're all here reading and posting about Visvim because we're fans of the brand. You don't need to deliver a rebuttal every time anything remotely critical is said.

Emixam

Reaction score
Hey all, just curious about others experiences, has anyone ever had a cobbler do a botch job on their Visvim shoes? If so can you please provide pics.
Yup done by brass Tokyo, I was after a White's look for my beard boots. These weight a ton now though, I will probably have the heel shorten soon to cut some weight
9955c6180963d4f22c017fee043f4aab0483daab.jpeg

da04cccb043d3a076b9122082a16e057f254c261.jpeg

Last edited:

conqueror

Reaction score
god, i'm so jealous about the cost of those 7-holes. seeing they're not a sz 12 makes me feel slightly better.

patagonianwild

Reaction score
Maybe I’m reading this wrong but sometimes it sounds like people take this kind of thing as a personal betrayal.

A bit I think, or maybe I'm not communicating very well. It's not a big deal but Visvim Sport as it is presented wasn't a concept I needed to or wanted to see. But it's not in any way or shape a big deal.
I do really find this a tad ridiculous:

pht_visvimsports_04.jpg

I like the sheep though.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m not a fan of anything I’m that way. Even with my favorite musicians or filmmakers who are all what I consider to be independent artists. If they decide to make some mainstream thing for the cash or some thing outside of what makes artistic sense to me I just skip it and wait for the next. I get that it’s great to see someone with the “integrity or die” attitude but I have so many interests eating up my money it doesn’t bother me to skip something from a favorite who’s decided to make a buck on something I don’t like and I don’t feel comfortable even deciding that I know for sure why they decided to make the thing that to me seems mainstream or uninteresting. They don’t owe me any explanation and I didn’t pledge to buy everything they make just because I’m a huge fan of some things they make.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I guess I’m not a fan of anything I’m that way. Even with my favorite musicians or filmmakers who are all what I consider to be independent artists. If they decide to make some mainstream thing for the cash or some thing outside of what makes artistic sense to me I just skip it and wait for the next. I get that it’s great to see someone with the “integrity or die” attitude but I have so many interests eating up my money it doesn’t bother me to skip something from a favorite who’s decided to make a buck on something I don’t like and I don’t feel comfortable even deciding that I know for sure why they decided to make the thing that to me seems mainstream or uninteresting. They don’t owe me any explanation and I didn’t pledge to buy everything they make just because I’m a huge fan of some things they make.
To me, it's akin to a friend moving away. You're happy for them and wish them well in their next endeavor, but you can't help but wonder if it's the end of an era or if they'll be back. You appreciate what you've shared so far, but selfishly you want things to remain the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads