• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd size up on the Sanjuro. I got my true size and although I can wear it, I'd sorta prefer it to be less tight.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd size up on the Sanjuro. I got my true size and although I can wear it, I'd sorta prefer it to be less tight.
As I say I got the 4 in the ss18 and the measurements don't look a million miles off. Is yours the down version or not? Looks like the more recent the season, the bigger the sizing has been.

Contrary Warrior

Reaction score
Redsun Jacket arrived! It will be well worn this Spring/Summer.

244AA043-5B33-4C05-8ED2-918F53D7EFB4.jpeg

42F90EF0-FEB9-45A8-95E9-B0D2AB5EC116.jpeg

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I say I got the 4 in the ss18 and the measurements don't look a million miles off. Is yours the down version or not? Looks like the more recent the season, the bigger the sizing has been.

Mine is the FW17 one.

Redsun Jacket arrived! It will be well worn this Spring/Summer.

View attachment 1565308
View attachment 1565309

Damn, I'm so tempted but not sure I can rock a giant map of Japan on the back of a jacket. I spend a decent amount of time in former colonies every year...

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody looking for a cheap alternative to the g. patten skags, converse allows custom makeups of their platform low and hightops with burnished rubber option. Pretty happy for the money, obviously don't hold a candle to vis (stiff as a board, canvas liner, etc) but for 90 shipped and a month lead time cant complain.

1614650169208.png

In visvim specific news, I pre-ordered the 101xx ultimate for fall (eeek). Hoping that it'll still fit with the dry process. Measurements seemed all over the place compared to the current iteration.

Last edited:

Samer

Reaction score
In visvim specific news, I pre-ordered the 101xx ultimate for fall (eeek). Hoping that it'll still fit with the dry process. Measurements seemed all over the place compared to the current iteration.

Ooo good one. Excited to see that.

Meanwhile I would love an off white amplus that doesn't have holes in it.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the most recent iteration to fit a size big, ie a 3 fit me perfectly (I'll post pics eventually). The arms are large and billowy, and the fit is akin to the amplus (wider in body and arms, but cropped). However, the body at the hem is fairly slim. I have no issue buttoning the bottom button, but wish it was a bit wider like the rest of the body. The ultimate had crazy measurements, about the same width but shorter sleeves by 3 inches, so I went up to a 4 figuring that will suit me well. The big gamble is the shrink process, which due to the random nature may come up more true, but its a pretty special piece and will likely be limited so I went for it.

Retlas

Reaction score
US webstore only... damn the price is going to be good.
(I was ready to grab this until I saw US)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, it's in the JP store as well although they only had red ones last time I checked.

The US webstore note is just when it becomes available on US webstore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads