• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
What’s the deal with this seasons sanjuro jacket. I just saw an iteration at Pancho and Lefty. Looks like it’s not down filled. Can’t find any other places that cary it or other color ways. Appreciate any more info

i havent seen that iteration first hand but it looks like it is filled but with polyester/wool. Mine from a few years ago is duck down filled so probably bulkier than this one.

makasan

Reaction score
Hello there!

Not too long ago I spent a semester abroad in Japan and I fell in love with the country.

While I was there, I also got to explore visvim. Spending time in the stores, touching the products and doing more research about the brand changed my perception of visvim. It altered from it being an interesting, but too expensive brand, towards it being a brand which is expensive, but in a way worth it.

Recently I wanted to buy myself a pair of mud-dyed ICT Virgils. I love them not just because of the beautiful color and the interesting production and dying process, but also because how it connects me to Japan.

With the shoes having been immersed in the mud of Japanese rice fields for many days, I will, in a way, always walk on Japanese soil wherever I go and it will remind me of the beautiful time I've spent there.

Then I bought myself a pair on Grailed and I got scammed. lol

Now I am pondering if I should get a pair of www.humanbehaviour.com (http://www.humanbehaviour.com.hk/sh...d=1161381307749&productId=1553050455170121052)

It's of course more expensive than the Grailed deal, but I get a brand-new pair and I can start the wearing/ aging process myself which is also kinda intriguing.

Also, I will be less prone to getting scammed. (HB is still legit, right?!)

So the question is:

Would you recommend waiting for another iteration of the mud-dyed Virgils to be released in visvim's online store, wait for another deal on Grailed, or to buy the shoes of a proxy like Human Behavior?

Thank you for the help!

P.S. Sorry for the long text.

The quest is over! I just received my mud dyed ICT Virgils!
The look and feel of this shoe is just crazy! I am completely over the moon!

I ordered them directly from visvim's online store. It's by far the most expensive shoe I've ever bought. The import tax alone is high enough to buy a very nice pair of shoes ?
But considering that I can replace the sole it's pretty much a 'forever thing', I can use maaaaany many years.
So I guess it's gonna be worth it for me!

20200910_150408.jpg

Attachments

• 20200910_145612.jpg
    20200910_145612.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200910_124715.jpg
    20200910_124715.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20200910_124442.jpg
    20200910_124442.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20200910_124259.jpg
    20200910_124259.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 139

GunwashAce

Reaction score
On the topic of the Sanjuro Down jackets. I got a Navy size 4 from what I think was the Haven online exclusive, because it came with the receipt. But, the pockets are not micro fleece lined there is a thick herringbone fabric that’s also dyed blue. Anyone have this iteration or any info on it?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw something interesting today, looks like prices on BlueOwl for some items is significantly cheaper than on Visvim's own US webstore.

Blue Owl:

Visvim Webstore:

I wonder why that is.

Retlas

Reaction score
Hiroki us laughing at us all! Perhaps he knows we will all be desperate for certain items to be available locally so he delays shipping to western stores so we jump onto the website to buy?

that sanjuro is really a thing of beauty

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
=
Saw something interesting today, looks like prices on BlueOwl for some items is significantly cheaper than on Visvim's own US webstore.

Blue Owl:

Visvim Webstore:

I wonder why that is.

I always thought site was a moody one, considering they ship from JP to US anyway. There is always inconsistencies I guess. END is notorious for marking stuff up. If you have the audience and they will buy, then why not?

Emixam

Reaction score
business so tough recently it looks like stores can decide the pricing more freely in order to clear the inventory. stores seem to be able to apply discounts now as well (it used to be forbidden by Vis)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
business so tough recently it looks like stores can decide the pricing more freely in order to clear the inventory. stores seem to be able to apply discounts now as well (it used to be forbidden by Vis)

I think you can put stuff on sale after two seasons for Visvim. That's usually when I see Ssense and MrPorter put their stuff on sale. European stores seem to traditionally have more freedom, perhaps due to laws around when sales can happen.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
=

I always thought site was a moody one, considering they ship from JP to US anyway. There is always inconsistencies I guess. END is notorious for marking stuff up. If you have the audience and they will buy, then why not?

I believe the US store is now local stock and no longer ships from JP, could be wrong though.

Retlas

Reaction score
Hipstore /Mr Porter... have always been good for Vis when the sales start. I have picked up a lot of things 50-60% off...
(probably now JP retail).

My Mrs grabbed a pair of brown roland joggers for £220... which whilst expensive... seemed like a fffing bargain

zabo358

Reaction score
Hipstore /Mr Porter... have always been good for Vis when the sales start. I have picked up a lot of things 50-60% off...
(probably now JP retail).

My Mrs grabbed a pair of brown roland joggers for £220... which whilst expensive... seemed like a fffing bargain
Problem is Porter usually has a low stock of each item/size. Some don’t make it to sale and can go quick if they do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads