• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blancpain

Reaction score

ucla bruin

Reaction score
Maybe a 3 in the jumbo. I like amplus cut better because it’s more roomy in the body and arms. Jumbo is kind of just a “normal” hoodie and amplus is roomier.
Whoops didn’t realize I linked to a jumbo.

Since you prefer a roomier fit do you wear a size 3 jumbo?

norigim

Reaction score
I wore the old Jumbo (not short body) in size 2, but I need to size up to 3 for Jumbo S.B. For Amplus S.B. I still get a 2 because the width allows it to drape quite a bit and fit the way I like.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Yeah I would size up for the Jumbo SB and not for the amplus.

I am 5’11 and after washing my amplus SB size 3 it’s perfect. Jumbo SB I would size up to a 4 for myself, the 3 I have in that is too small. Regular amplus I might go down to a 2 but had several 3s in that and it was fine.

For you 5’7 I would probably get a 2 amplus SB and call it a day unless you’re more than like 180lbs then get a 3. Amplus SB is the best hoodie fit they have released to date imo.

Darius.T

Reaction score
Anybody ever have any issues buying visvim shoes >10 years old? I know old visvim never dies haha, but I've not had good track records with other shoes that old that aren't mine and worn regularly.
Bought some old grizzlies recently and the plastic heel broke after two wears. Obviously a unique piece that can't be replaced and so they were pretty much instantly fucked.

Retlas

Reaction score
What season were they from? Seems to luck of the draw and perhaps how heavily worn. My pairs from 2011 and 12 are in good condition. (Tempting fate)

Depthrage

Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if I could get an lc on a couple of pictures. Thanks!

Attachments

• 87086B5D-DFCC-4596-A8DE-A2863377B2EB.png
    87086B5D-DFCC-4596-A8DE-A2863377B2EB.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • E9A3D249-CEFF-4B6F-887A-AA73C6DED0F7.png
    E9A3D249-CEFF-4B6F-887A-AA73C6DED0F7.png
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • 3A68F50D-62E8-4893-90CA-DB21A00BC7ED.png
    3A68F50D-62E8-4893-90CA-DB21A00BC7ED.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • 2CE7749C-B0E8-4B06-BB85-23F66A614161.png
    2CE7749C-B0E8-4B06-BB85-23F66A614161.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 194

Darius.T

Reaction score
What season were they from? Seems to luck of the draw and perhaps how heavily worn. My pairs from 2011 and 12 are in good condition. (Tempting fate)
No clue honestly, just pretty old. Didn't pay too much so not a big issue, but I think the heel was just brittle as hell. Not sure how wear factors into that... the main issue that I have with this construction is just that it's either a complete resole or throwing out. Would be great if Vis would sell those heel pieces, but yeah... fat chance haha

simcol

Reaction score
No clue honestly, just pretty old. Didn't pay too much so not a big issue, but I think the heel was just brittle as hell. Not sure how wear factors into that... the main issue that I have with this construction is just that it's either a complete resole or throwing out. Would be great if Vis would sell those heel pieces, but yeah... fat chance haha
Hey Darius. T … you mean the ‘heel stabilizers’ right? They are gone on my Virgil’s too. I haven’t found any fix other than sending back to Vis for repair (may as well forget that and buy a new pair!) But I have come to terms with this issue, and still wear the boots. Not really a big issue, once you get cool with it, although I agree it would be nice for Vis to offer replacement pieces. So, in brief, I wouldn’t be too quick to throw them out! Or - if they are US9 - you can just pass them over to me ‘for disposal’ instead 😀!

kami

Reaction score
anyone interested in some really old worn virgils from 2010. just dug them up and realize again that they are too small for me 😂😂

newyorkdork

Reaction score
I can’t find it now but I’ve seen a picture of a Visvim shoe with the plastic heel stabilizer replaced with a piece of leather. Actually looked pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads