• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samer

Reaction score
I’d rather write a dissertation on all the mental gymnastics I could perform to justify buying a kerchief ?
"I know I could buy a Swiss watch for the same price, but really the time and materials are equivalent and who cares about resale value if I'm going to have it forever. Also, I had Burger King for dinner instead of Chili's and that's like $10 savings right there. Plus its my birthday in 3 months."

I could win gold in mental gymnastics.

MrChukes

Reaction score
"I know I could buy a Swiss watch for the same price, but really the time and materials are equivalent and who cares about resale value if I'm going to have it forever. Also, I had Burger King for dinner instead of Chili's and that's like $10 savings right there. Plus its my birthday in 3 months."

Yup but then when you buy one, you might want another one lmao. I keep thinking I would love a white, black, or purple if I could grab lol

BlakeRVA

Reaction score

“With the shrinking vintage bandana supply, the Kerchief could easily become a collector’s item and double in value within 10 years. It’s really an investment piece. Not to mention, I have my annual performance review coming up and I’ll likely get a 2% raise. Inflation? Never heard of her. Oh, wait! I had a pair of pants sell on Grilled yesterday for $60. I’ll sell some other things in the future to cover the cost of this Kerchief”

I can see my future so clearly:
VisvimMeme.png

frunk

Reaction score
For anyone interested, there’s a FW19 white kerchief on TRR. Size 3. The vis-dana one, not vintage white bandanas ;)

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only the vintage kerchiefs will go up in price as the supply shrinks, duh. Might as well the the other ones in the trash.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only the vintage kerchiefs will go up in price as the supply shrinks, duh. Might as well the the other ones in the trash.
Are the Kofu one's the same? Can never work out what the difference is with the two.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Kofu is made with vintage kofu fabric.
Cheers. So there are no instances of them using lookalike kofu material? As it were. I think I prefer them as they are less out there than the bandana and feel a bit less streetwear esque, but seem to be less dear sometimes, but may also be less desirable.

Need to get my head around sizing too!

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
i must say I did in my ignorance and haste buy one of the black bandana ketchum shirts without realising it wasn't vintage bandana's. just assumed all of their bandana stuff was. Still love the shirt but when I actually looked at it on arrival and saw Visvim written on the bandana's i was like 'wait hold on' haha

In light of that why is the white bandana kerchief from non vintage bandanas more expensive than the Kofu and red/ blue bandana jackets?

MrChukes

Reaction score
Cheers. So there are no instances of them using lookalike kofu material? As it were. I think I prefer them as they are less out there than the bandana and feel a bit less streetwear esque, but seem to be less dear sometimes, but may also be less desirable.

Need to get my head around sizing too!
Yeah exactly why I opted for a kofu instead of a blue or red bandana, plus safety reasons. I think kofu ones look a little more unique. I am unaware of them ever using their own kofu fabric. Folks in the store told me mine was made from vintage kofu from Japan and China. Also, kofu jackets with actual kofu panels usually appreciate in value. However, the indigo one that doesn’t have any kofu panels can usually be found for less than retail.

norigim

Reaction score
If this season is any indication, seems like the Lumber cut is getting transitioned out in favor of Pioneer. I've really liked the Lumber cut and sad to see it go.

zabo358

Reaction score
If this season is any indication, seems like the Lumber cut is getting transitioned out in favor of Pioneer. I've really liked the Lumber cut and sad to see it go.
Seems like Vis is opting for more cropped releases as of late, hence the transition to pioneer. I’m personally not a fan of cropped stuff so hopefully they still throw in the periodic lumber release.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads