• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samer

Reaction score
Can I get the community’s thoughts on the 101xx fit once more. I know it’s been discussed but this is me in a size 3 and I’m looking at the French veg so I really can’t f this up…hard for me to conceive buying a size 3 so thinking I stick with 4.
7FB7A3E3-082E-47F0-AD2B-D92E0B316000.jpeg

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
I paid £342. Mr Porter had then at 70% off. ?

haha it was you who got them! I was eying them up and knew they’d get further reduced this week. Saw the email about further reductions an hour too late.

still regret not pulling trigger on a green iris liner they had for like £400 in summer sale last year. Reason being I already had black iris vest and pink iris liner but should have still got it

zabo358

Reaction score
Can I get the community’s thoughts on the 101xx fit once more. I know it’s been discussed but this is me in a size 3 and I’m looking at the French veg so I really can’t f this up…hard for me to conceive buying a size 3 so thinking I stick with 4. View attachment 1741697
Depends on how you plan to style it, but I’ve found sticking tts works best unless it’s a coat or large/longer jacket, which can sometimes allow for a size down. Anytime I pair a top that is sized down with my tts Vis pants the proportions look off.

Samer

Reaction score
Depends on how you plan to style it, but I’ve found sticking tts works best unless it’s a coat or large/longer jacket, which can sometimes allow for a size down. Anytime I pair a top that is sized down with my tts Vis pants the proportions look off.
Yeah knowing this is the intended look backs this up, but it’s tough because I’m not as tall as this little boy

Attachments

• C9B644A2-D108-492B-B6BD-3EA7697CAE37.jpeg
    C9B644A2-D108-492B-B6BD-3EA7697CAE37.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 88

Retlas

Reaction score
yeah thats a tough one. it looks brilliant there. I think you may go tts (a 4). Do you know what the change is across the chest?

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha it was you who got them! I was eying them up and knew they’d get further reduced this week. Saw the email about further reductions an hour too late.

still regret not pulling trigger on a green iris liner they had for like £400 in summer sale last year. Reason being I already had black iris vest and pink iris liner but should have still got it
I saw them and double took the price. Seemed to be the only item at 70%. I'll PM you if I don't get on with them. ? They do seem to discount so much that I wonder what the markup was in the first place!

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the moleskin 101 @Samer. How tall are you? I don't want billowy or long arms, hence leaning towards a 3 and I'm 6ft2. Mind you they have no 4s so...

zabo358

Reaction score
Yeah knowing this is the intended look backs this up, but it’s tough because I’m not as tall as this little boy
I'm a tts 2 but am 5 inches shorter than most of their models and they all take a 3. I think if you have any sort of build and aren't super thin like the models going tts should be good.

Where did you find the pic of the Veg 101xx? I'm not seeing it on the JP store. Also what's the JP price on that?

Samer

Reaction score
Ok this is my first time multi-quoting so no idea if I'm doing this right...

I have the same issue with the moleskin 101 @Samer. How tall are you? I don't want billowy or long arms, hence leaning towards a 3 and I'm 6ft2. Mind you they have no 4s so...

I'm 5'9 with broad shoulders, which is why I'm excited about this xx fit...if they don't have a 4 that's better honestly, saves me money! I need at least 20/21 inches across the shoulders

I'm a tts 2 but am 5 inches shorter than most of their models and they all take a 3. I think if you have any sort of build and aren't super thin like the models going tts should be good.

Where did you find the pic of the Veg 101xx? I'm not seeing it on the JP store. Also what's the JP price on that?

Buy enough vis and you'll get the product sheets. It's 605,000 JPY, which would be the most I've ever spent on one piece by a long shot. It's a loooot more in USD.

rms

Reaction score
Can I get the community’s thoughts on the 101xx fit once more. I know it’s been discussed but this is me in a size 3 and I’m looking at the French veg so I really can’t f this up…hard for me to conceive buying a size 3 so thinking I stick with 4. View attachment 1741697
3 / Sleeves, Shoulders, Length perfect. Looks best with just a (LS) tee. The collar would drop a bit more in a size 4 from the front, not a fan of that.

zabo358

Reaction score
Ok this is my first time multi-quoting so no idea if I'm doing this right...

I'm 5'9 with broad shoulders, which is why I'm excited about this xx fit...if they don't have a 4 that's better honestly, saves me money! I need at least 20/21 inches across the shoulders

Buy enough vis and you'll get the product sheets. It's 605,000 JPY, which would be the most I've ever spent on one piece by a long shot. It's a loooot more in USD.
Looks like I'm sticking with my dry pique 101xx instead ha

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
I saw them and double took the price. Seemed to be the only item at 70%. I'll PM you if I don't get on with them. ? They do seem to discount so much that I wonder what the markup was in the first place!

cheers bro! Would defo be interested! Love the colour tone of the green on them

norigim

Reaction score
Can I get the community’s thoughts on the 101xx fit once more. I know it’s been discussed but this is me in a size 3 and I’m looking at the French veg so I really can’t f this up…hard for me to conceive buying a size 3 so thinking I stick with 4.

I haven't tried on the 101xx fit yet (thinking about getting the white pique one from this season). The size 3 seems to work on you. Do you have other FR VEG items? I have a couple 101's in FR VEG and have found the resulting product is slightly larger than the washed denim versions, probably due to some slight shrinkage from the washing process.

Which color were you considering? For some reason I keep eyeing the green, but I'm also really tempted to try to get an Eton...

frunk

Reaction score
The 3 looks perfect on you with that t-shirt fit. If you wanted a crewneck or hoodie underneath, it might not work as well.
I had the exact opposite problem with the 101xx - being between a 3/4 - I got a 4, and it looks a little too loose without a layer underneath.

(So if anyone is interested in a size 4 moleskin ICT 101xx from this past FW, hit me up)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics