• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

s0lid

Reaction score
About to grab my first deckhand. Any input on sizing for a Medium in an EG bedford?

Measurements make it look like either a M or L would work, but hard to guess without knowing how padded it is?

planetarium

Reaction score
About to grab my first deckhand. Any input on sizing for a Medium in an EG bedford?

Measurements make it look like either a M or L would work, but hard to guess without knowing how padded it is?

I have a small winter wool Bedford and two size 1 deckhands. The 2011 deckhand is the slimmest and shortest, the 2014 is larger but the sleeve width still qualifies it as slim, the bedford looks tailored to my size but has the most layering room.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For soles with that type of sole I'd say not much. If they are unbearable to walk around in for a day I'd pass. I go down .5 in skagways because TTS tends to be pretty true, but it breaks in quickly. The .5 down is snug at first, my ankle and toes get a bit sore but goes away after a week of wear.

happyvillian

Reaction score
Anyone own a pair of the Beuys Trekker Folk? Looking for sizing suggestions if I’m a true size 8 on the Brannock. Thanks! Really love the chunkier refined silhouette of them compared to regular Clarks Wallabees. Surprised that nobody has mentioned these on this thread yet. Low-key hit in my opinion!

2A009E50-4CA2-4E9F-82D7-BE8F1017BE7F.jpeg

happyvillian

Reaction score
Didn't seem to find too much info regarding the dry processed denim. Any particular reason why it's exponentially more expensive than just the regular damaged versions?

Retlas

Reaction score
Didn't seem to find too much info regarding the dry processed denim. Any particular reason why it's exponentially more expensive than just the regular damaged versions?

Here you go... but alas, I think HN just wants to raise prices again. Saying that I own some dry denim pieces are they are amazing, almost like having a raw denim feel in a worn in pair

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visvim gunslinger frock (giza) 13AW. Can't comment on authenticity, but it wasn't a popular jacket so hard to believe there would be fakes.

simcol

Reaction score
Visvim gunslinger frock (giza) 13AW. Can't comment on authenticity, but it wasn't a popular jacket so hard to believe there would be fakes.
Thanks! No reason to believe it is fake, I just couldn't identify it, and, as the buttons were not typical Visvim buttons, I started to have doubts. Thank you for helping to clear this up; really appreciated.

Not sure if it has been asked before, but is there such a thing as a Visvim label decoder? Be good to understand the 13 number code most of the products seem to carry.

Emixam

Reaction score
label 5 first numbers refer to the season :
01181xxx = ss18
01183xxx = ss18 spot
01182xxx=aw18
01184xxxx= aw18 spot

the rest being a combination of the article number and color

bugbear

Reaction score
Anyone own a pair of the Beuys Trekker Folk? Looking for sizing suggestions if I’m a true size 8 on the Brannock. Thanks! Really love the chunkier refined silhouette of them compared to regular Clarks Wallabees. Surprised that nobody has mentioned these on this thread yet. Low-key hit in my opinion!

Just got a pair of these in that exact colorway - I'd say the sizing is same as FBT / Virgil / Ute Moc to name a few. Definitely a slept on model!

bugbear

Reaction score
Hey! Could someone help me out with how to get grease stains safely out of natural dyed cotton? Egg salad left it's marks to my mud dye Jumbo Hoodie and washing the hoodie gently in water didn't help a bit on grease stains..

I took the hoodie to laundry service today and they said the only way to get the stains out is chemical wash - which is obviously forbidden in washing instructions.

Should i try Oxi Vanish Gold stain remover or will it remove the dye together with grease stains? Should I dye the whole damn thing in egg salad?:violin:

Attachments

• IMG_0078_sml.jpg
    IMG_0078_sml.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0076_sml.jpg
    IMG_0076_sml.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73

srh3161

Reaction score
Hey! Could someone help me out with how to get grease stains safely out of natural dyed cotton? Egg salad left it's marks to my mud dye Jumbo Hoodie and washing the hoodie gently in water didn't help a bit on grease stains..

I took the hoodie to laundry service today and they said the only way to get the stains out is chemical wash - which is obviously forbidden in washing instructions.

Should i try Oxi Vanish Gold stain remover or will it remove the dye together with grease stains? Should I dye the whole damn thing in egg salad?:violin:

I own mud dyed pants and other natural dyed clothes and I just hand wash them with a mild natural detergent such as Eucalan. Mrs. Meyer’s detergent works as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads