• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visible scarring, do you try to cover it?

bomber

Reaction score
I've been into various 'action sports' for most of my life so I wear my scars like a badge of honor. That said, my face is mostly scar free and the ones I do have aren't all that noticable. I wouldn't want some 5" huge scar on my cheek or anything, but small ones like you are talking about I don't think there is any point in covering them up (I mean makeup? seriously?).

Reaction score
Patina.

James Gatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
dam that girl looks like a cow stepped all over her face!
tounge.gif

rotflmao.gif

I have a ton of visible scars including one that's about three inches long on my right cheek, one that goes through my entire right eyebrow, one near my right temple and one that takes up most of my left eyelid, and I'd never consider trying to cover one of them in a second. I most definitely consider them marks of character and without a doubt are they conversation starters. In fact, the most prominent scar I have (the one on my cheek) girls always ask about and they seem to love it, so go figure. That being said though, it took me a little while to accept the fact that I have an obviously scarred face, so I can kind of see where your friend is coming from.

James Gatz

Reaction score
The largish one on my right cheek and the one by my temple I got toward the end of high school playing baseball when running full force I collided face first with a chain link fence (laugh inducing, but not really at the time), the left eyelid was from taking an elbow in the face and the eyebrow was from running around the house as a kid with my younger brother which ended with my falling onto our brick fireplace.

On top of those I had surgery to repair a torn teres minor and from that I have a large scar under my left arm, surgery to repair a shattered femur, cracked hip and fractured knee that added one pretty big and two medium sized but still prominent scars to the left leg and years of my childhood spent riding both BMX tracks and vert ramps tore the **** out of my hands, forearms, elbows, knees and ankles.

My gf tells me on a pretty regular basis that the scar on my cheek is one of my best, and thus one of her favorite, features. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.
lol8[1].gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's from Pittsburgh. Most of the scars are probably from inbreeding or getting hit with those stupid Terrible Towels.

James Gatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
He's from Pittsburgh. Most of the scars are probably from inbreeding or getting hit with those stupid Terrible Towels.

The facial deformity is a result of inbreeding, the scars just kind of happened. And Terrible Towels haven't left any scars, just welts.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few of my scars developed keloids which is not uncommon for people of Native American descent. Luckily neither of my two facial scars are keloids, but even surgical wounds like my appendectomy scar developed small ones. These are more unsightly than typical scarring and I always get asked about them (distracting during foreplay!).

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a scar where a ski came off its binder and whacked me upside the head. It's above my right eyebrow. I consider it my patina - males can certainly get away with this versus women.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some scars can be unsightly. I am pretty much ambivalent towards body scars, no big deal. Scars on the face can be super cool if they are not too grotesque. It makes you seem like a badass with a darker, wild side. I think that a beautiful girl can be made more interesting by a scar on her face. Just my opinion, of course.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Got a little scar just above my lip that I got being smacked in the mouth when I was in Greece by standing behind my uncles while they were trying to pull a part one of those old chimney pipes. I was five at the time and serves me right for not getting out of the way when told to!

btw why is the poll closed?

loveygal

Reaction score
I used to do that too but i really got fed up of covering it all the time. I was recommended invicible scars and it has already shown its results pretty clearly in 21 days. Try it . Hope it helps your friend out as it helped me getting rid of my scar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads