• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Motorsport Apparel

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A genuine team jacket might be a tall order, or very expensive, I suspect. If there were larger-edition jackets made as give-aways to sponsors/associates, I suppose ebay? Would you post a link to the vintage sporting shop if you find it? I'm interested.
lucaferrari1lt1.png

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried Amarcord Vintage Fashion (as mentioned in Details) in NY. They have a bunch of jackets related to bike racing in the 70s (Yamaha for example) but no Ferrari or motor racing.

musicboohoo[1].gif

Roy Biggins

Reaction score
I don't know about vintage F1 clothing, but I have contacted McLaren about obtaining certain pieces of the current team wardrobe, but they were part of the team kit only; for McLaren employees.

This doesn't seem to be the case with some of the other teams.

I would suggest asking the people at the grandprix.com forum, maybe they can help.

speedkbob

Reaction score
want to restart this forum from a few years ago. I am in the process of launching a company in the US that will retail such items as the ones you are referring to. Please stay tuned for further updates and maybe a forum discount!

Cheers!
smile.gif

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedkbob
want to restart this forum from a few years ago. I am in the process of launching a company in the US that will retail such items as the ones you are referring to. Please stay tuned for further updates and maybe a forum discount!

Cheers!
smile.gif

Will these be authentic?

speedkbob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Just don't get any BMW F1 apparel.. apparently worthless.

I wouldn't say "worthless", but mostly just saturated and un-authentic. We are gearing towards vintage motorsports with a few brands that will have a sense of history and passion, yet still be completely fashionable and wearable everyday.

Please stay tuned guys for our new upcoming website!

PTWilliams

Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Ferrari F1 fan, but I love some of their older jackets from the 70s.

Rada

Reaction score
I'm more into the street biker jackets than the racing ones...

img_5675.jpg

L1000022.jpg

I have yet to find a nice vintage motorcycle jacket.... or even a nice leather one for me to turn into a 'nice vintage motorcycle jacket'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads