• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I use shoe trees on all of my good shoes and boots (and even some of my not-so-great ones) -- and being partial to cap toes, that goes for several cap toe pairs, too.

Question:
Do you guys use shoe trees for all/ none of your boots? I have two pairs that I use for my plain toes, but don’t find it necessary to use on the cap toe boots I have. Is this silly logic? Have I no idea what I’m doing?!

gte872h

Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive. Finally got the pictures onto my computer. I did some minor light adjustments but nothing crazy. The full details:

Style: Side Zip
Last: 1035
Size: 7.5
Leather: Asphalt Horsebutt
Toe Box: Semi Structured
Midsole: Antique Midsole
Sole: Cat's Paw Half Sole and Heel
Hardware: Antique Brass Zipper w/ Brown Tape
Production: Antique Flat Welt

I'm insanely happy with them. They fit like a dream, the leather is amazing and has those olive undertones that really does make it look like asphalt. After seeing the Japan collection that they did I think these kind of have that same vibe. They remind me of the side zips that Rolling Dub Trio does.There are a few dents in the leather that was likely just from shipping. As a note both these and my Withered Fig Black Friday capsule boots had the heel pads come off similar to the post a few pages back after a single wear. Viberg informed me they changed where they were getting them from and had heard several people having the same issue. They sent me 2 new inserts of the old heel pads but instead I just cut some of my own out with some leather I had at the house. It was interesting that the half sole is just nailed and glued instead of stitched through but I'm guessing stitching through the double leather and thick outsole was probably impossible.These have easily shot to the top of the list as far as favorite boots in my collection. Enjoy the album and the fit pics at the end.

Thanks for uploading the pics. Have to say that’s pretty much a perfect makeup. Really hope Viberg will make a general release on the 1035 last.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive. Finally got the pictures onto my computer. I did some minor light adjustments but nothing crazy. The full details:

I'm insanely happy with them. They fit like a dream, the leather is amazing and has those olive undertones that really does make it look like asphalt. After seeing the Japan collection that they did I think these kind of have that same vibe. They remind me of the side zips that Rolling Dub Trio does.There are a few dents in the leather that was likely just from shipping. As a note both these and my Withered Fig Black Friday capsule boots had the heel pads come off similar to the post a few pages back after a single wear. Viberg informed me they changed where they were getting them from and had heard several people having the same issue. They sent me 2 new inserts of the old heel pads but instead I just cut some of my own out with some leather I had at the house. It was interesting that the half sole is just nailed and glued instead of stitched through but I'm guessing stitching through the double leather and thick outsole was probably impossible.These have easily shot to the top of the list as far as favorite boots in my collection. Enjoy the album and the fit pics at the end.

These look great, I am a lot less nervous about how my 2040 side zips will turn out now

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question:
Do you guys use shoe trees for all/ none of your boots? I have two pairs that I use for my plain toes, but don’t find it necessary to use on the cap toe boots I have. Is this silly logic? Have I no idea what I’m doing?!
The only boots I don't put trees in are my cowboy boots and only because its a PITA. Trees are for more than keeping toe shape. Ultimately, if you have a deep enough rotation, not using them wouldn't be a very big deal.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question:
I do it on all my shoes and boots mostly to to prevent pronounced toe up-curl.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score

These are siiiick. I love them. I was really in between on ordering the original asphalt make up, and I thought that that color had endless possibilities for other boots. It’s funny to say it but it’s such a rich gray. I think your decision was great, the 1035 on the side zip looks great. I honestly might get a pretty similar boot as a future mto

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are siiiick. I love them. I was really in between on ordering the original asphalt make up, and I thought that that color had endless possibilities for other boots. It’s funny to say it but it’s such a rich gray. I think your decision was great, the 1035 on the side zip looks great. I honestly might get a pretty similar boot as a future mto

Definitely my next MTO ??

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I’ll need a few more pairs then.
I'm more old school as I primarily wore dress shoes and dress boots. It's only been in the past couple of years that I've been able to transition to more casual footwear on a daily basis.

noobedloser

Reaction score
mushroom chamois r/o
Don’t know what happened here but they are basically scalped. Any ideas on trying fix or make it look like a chunk of it isn’t gone?

Attachments

• F18E4887-7FEE-4396-BBE7-82FCF1D072FC.jpeg
    F18E4887-7FEE-4396-BBE7-82FCF1D072FC.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 90

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads