• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zachthespook

Reaction score
You should tighten the bottom lace more. it will let the vamp to lay more flat.

No offense to those who own them, but I feel like the pattern needs to be refined still, especially in the quarters. The lacing/quarters lineup looks very odd for a supposed dressier boot, particularly how it widens at the top.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offense to those who own them, but I feel like the pattern needs to be refined still, especially in the quarters. The lacing/quarters lineup looks very odd for a supposed dressier boot, particularly how it widens at the top.
It just needs the backstay back from when it was the Halkett Service boot really. Its pretty balanced with it.
good halketts.png

I don't think it's a bad pattern, but if we ever got mtos opened back up, I would ask for the above in an available leather and not on dainite.

thewinedown

Reaction score
It just needs the backstay back from when it was the Halkett Service boot really. Its pretty balanced with it. View attachment 1672314
I don't think it's a bad pattern, but if we ever got mtos opened back up, I would ask for the above in an available leather and not on dainite.
This. As soon as they uploaded the new photo with the smaller back stay (or no back stay?), I was out.

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything that Viberg does is perfect and ordained by the boot gods of the Great Bear.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh before I forget, I asked about tomorrow's color 4 shell release and it is just the plain toe. Viberg has no plans to resume relasting. The regency calf drops are just super delayed and may come sometime this winter. They still have bad delays across the board.
I’m anticipating getting October’s mahogany shell drop in time for boot season 2022 ?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh before I forget, I asked about tomorrow's color 4 shell release and it is just the plain toe. Viberg has no plans to resume relasting. The regency calf drops are just super delayed and may come sometime this winter. They still have bad delays across the board.
Did they say anything about the saddle tan chromepaks?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they say anything about the saddle tan chromepaks?
The service boots are just "out of order" i.e. they had a proposed schedule and that's why the site kept accidentally showing the wrong one every sunday up till yesterday. Now they just put whatever is ready up so not even they know what's coming week to week.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210920-183921_Facebook.jpg

Viberg's facebook ads are still busted.
Here's the 1035 ridgeway toscanello.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
View attachment 1672359
Noir vitello calf boys in the rain today. I’m so glad boot season is back in full force.

Love those - of course that's in part because I have a pair from DR. You are lucky to have a boot season at all. At this rate here in CA, I'm wearing out flip flops faster than anything else the last couple of years.

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.39.13 PM.png

Last edited:

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those - of course that's in part because I have a pair from DR. You are lucky to have a boot season at all. At this rate here in CA, I'm wearing out flip flops faster than anything else the last couple of years.

View attachment 1672428
*laughs in Houstonian*
415C7824-8A5E-4252-8AD0-B415333566BA.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics