• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
First off, we shouldn't be comparing our size in 2030 and 325. Many people go half to full size down from brannock (no real majority one way or another) on 2030. The 325 is a true to size fitting last. The majority will take one size down from their brannock given it's UK sizing and only a handful will take half size down and usually because they have a wide foot. While it is a voluminous last (higher instep/higher toe box) it is not a long last by any means.

I don't know, maybe some people like me, especially here on this forum, are so familiar with their 2030 sizing and in particular the characteristics of the fit, that it's easy to relate to. My situation is exactly 8-3/4 on a Brannock, so half or a full size down can be very hit or miss, since its more like 1/4 or 3/4 down.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out to grab dinner and noticed my Natural Shell Service Boots looking a little dusty. Brushed them for a quick min and threw them on! Love these!
PXL_20210314_021844576.jpg

acwiz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of a pair of natural CXL roughout with some age? Thinking of picking a pair in that leather but they are a bit light in color to my taste but was hoping to see them with some wear (and see if they darken at all)...

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of a pair of natural CXL roughout with some age? Thinking of picking a pair in that leather but they are a bit light in color to my taste but was hoping to see them with some wear (and see if they darken at all)...
nvm thought that said waxed.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I guess now I need DR to get a return of the Olive Shinki HB in my size.

That just happened for my size.

I was just looking for another green boot, and was close to pulling the trigger on one of a couple of Sagara Bootmaker makeups in olive Badalassi Minerva.

But I've been checking on the olive Viberg Officer Boot periodically, just to see if my size (6.5) would reappear, and it did. I'll put the Sagaras on hold for now.

Still, there was some hemming and hawing on my part. My wife, son, and a fellow boot enthusiast at my office are very iffy about the green on the Viberg Officer Boot (as depicted in Division Road's photos of it). I know that capturing the essence of certain colors in photographs can be tricky, so I have to see them in person for myself.

@Sschaffer24, I can't imagine you've had many wears of your pair yet, but how are they coming along?

If anyone else here picked them up, I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts or photos.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Division Road x Viberg Fango Vitello Sidezips

Not quite as I imagined the leather to be, but I like them all the same, if not more. As for Division Road, they definitely put some white glove service to this, reaching out to me by phone and email for sizing advice. While I see some have noted they felt led astray by their advice, Kevin was dead on in his recommendation to me.

7001854D-BED7-4B7A-9BF7-E3495DFC3F94.jpeg

88673361-CAB7-4EF6-85B7-F46DDF7ED1D0.jpeg

D425A14E-C01E-46AB-AC24-8E1E654CAA9C.jpeg

336C6193-3C22-4565-BF4C-EF4A56A17DDC.jpeg

CD118C21-CE1D-476C-A46A-0C4A07EE328D.jpeg

For reference, I'm somewhere past 12 on the Brannock but have narrow feet and so I tend to take 11.5 in lace-ups and boots, an 11 in the Alden Barrie. These fit me in a 10.5.

Last edited:

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Division Road x Viberg Fango Vitello Sidezips. Not quite as I imagined the leather to be, but I like them all the same, if not more. As for Division Road, they definitely put some white glove service to this, reaching out to my by phone and email for sizing advice. While I see some have noted they felt led astray by their advice, Kevin was dead on in his recommendation to me.

For reference, I'm somewhere past 12 on the Brannock but have narrow feet and so I tend to take 11.5 in lace-ups and boots, an 11 in the Alden Barrie. These fit me in a 10.5.

Those Fango side zips are one of my favorite pairs. If the 2050 last fit as good as the 2030 or the 2020 do for me, they might be my favorite.

Here are my Aged Bark RO boots today:

20C674E9-AB12-488B-BB1E-E19A24EEE73E.jpeg

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these in the wild?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a couple of posts on the r/goodyearwelt daily threads:

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of 2055. I currently have a pair a half down from my 2030 size and I wonder if I could take my normal 2030 size or if it would be too big?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads