• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Withered Fig Bobcat coming this Friday

viberg_for_withered_fig_brown_waxed_flesh_horsebutt_bobcat_boot_17.jpg

Pretty cool makeup. Those are really light for brown waxed flesh, looks more like natural to me based on the pictures.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Withered Fig Bobcat coming this Friday

From the article, "these fit about a 1/4 size large in length." This intrigues me because I've wondered if another .5 size down from my 2030 in the 1035 would fit me better, but that would make them too short as it is. This sounds like it could solve that issue. Wish I could try them on.

Viajuero

Reaction score
Pretty cool makeup. Those are really light for brown waxed flesh, looks more like natural to me based on the pictures.
The waxed flesh horsebutt is an entirely different beast from prior waxed flesh makeups. I keep hoping someone will post some pics with some wear that will change my mind, but I found it underwhelming. Returned my .com pair as soon as I received them.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do wish this make up had an unstructured toe box. My two pairs in Horsebutt have soft toes and I love the way it developed rolls that really show in the toe.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waxed flesh horsebutt is an entirely different beast from prior waxed flesh makeups. I keep hoping someone will post some pics with some wear that will change my mind, but I found it underwhelming. Returned my .com pair as soon as I received them.

you didn’t like the .com version? Why? What are you comparing it against?

Viajuero

Reaction score
you didn’t like the .com version? Why? What are you comparing it against?

Eh. I probably just had too high of expectations. I have the old .com WF makeup in natural and have regretted not getting the dark brown for years. And so I thought this would scratch that itch. But I just didn’t particularly like the leather. Mostly because (and the .com pics showed this well) the counter looked like a waxed roughout, but the vamp like a smoothout. It looked like two completely different leathers, but of the same hue. Weird effect IMO. The withered fig pics show a similar, but less pronounced contrast. I ended up going cinnamon WF bounty hunter, and much prefer the leather

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh. I probably just had too high of expectations. I have the old .com WF makeup in natural and have regretted not getting the dark brown for years. And so I thought this would scratch that itch. But I just didn’t particularly like the leather. Mostly because (and the .com pics showed this well) the counter looked like a waxed roughout, but the vamp like a smoothout. It looked like two completely different leathers, but of the same hue. Weird effect IMO. The withered fig pics show a similar, but less pronounced contrast. I ended up going cinnamon WF bounty hunter, and much prefer the leather

I see. Thanks for the detail. Maybe horsebutt doesn’t wax as well/waxes differently than cowhide?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, not a real big fan of this leather. Horsebutt has basically no nap to wax, so it just comes out looking weird and inconsistent.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks consistent with the inside of my .com brown Horween horsebutt service boots.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Yeah those are almost black.
Yeah when I owned my pair of brown WF bergs I initially thought they accidentally sent me a pair of black WF because they were so dark.
In other news I’ll have pics up sometime but I just received the wheat rough out cap toes from Brooklyn and they are definitely going to be new favorites. They look amazing

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I owned my pair of brown WF bergs I initially thought they accidentally sent me a pair of black WF because they were so dark.
In other news I’ll have pics up sometime but I just received the wheat rough out cap toes from Brooklyn and they are definitely going to be new favorites. They look amazing
Nice! That was the one for me from that release as well. Really like them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads