Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. waldamsel

waldamsel New Member

The Chukka, No.8 Cordovan, Tan Lining, Dainite Sole/Heel, 2030 Last, No Box Toe is my favortite too. The Tan Lining is not a must have!
    LA Guy, please
    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]note these chukka for me.[/FONT]

2. seer

seer Senior member

If you guys do a Cordovan it will put these out of reach for many of us...

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Because of the way I chose the sole, really. It's will be a chunky, double midsole, on a sole that is too thick to be considered "dressy" in any way, but not durable enough to be considered anything like a work sole. I thought of something that a company like Visvim, which has a streetwear background, might do if it was playing with the idea of a boot, but for the urban environment and for a super casual style, and came up with this.
    Well, not every boot or shoe will be for everybody. It will just require a large enough buy in for each boot. If something is not for you, you can be assured that something else will be, since we plan to make this an ongoing program.

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Dude, that sounds rad. When do you think this whole MTO thing will get kickstarted?

5. mariobros

mariobros New Member

Sounds like they will look somewhat similar to these LSxSE Aldens (minus the roughout 2-tone, and double mid)
    http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2012/02/18/alden-shoes-lsxse-lsw-lsbh/

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, they are similar in that they both have a beige sole and have blucher style lacing and a cap toe. But the lasts are different, the models are different - from the number of eyelets to the fact that there is no heel counter on the Aldens, the leather is different, the midsole is different. They would probably look similar if you were in a dark room, 20 feet away, but otherwise, not so much.

Probably in the next month or so.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Have you read the last two pages?? Nothing has been decided and it should launch in the next month or so

8. deme24

deme24 Active Member

Can anyone lead me to some on feet pics of the oxford shoes?

I'm interested in buying a pair but can't really find any on feet pics on google or anything. I'd appreciate the help.

9. iotan

iotan Senior member

If possible, I would probably be in for a brown-shaded cordovan (mahogany, whiskey, etc.). I also would probably be interested in the pebble grain whiskey you suggest but would propose doing it on a sleeker last (e.g., 2030). For that matter, I would be interested in the two-tone one they have on the site if in a seeker last. The other suggestion I have is a normal service boot in a sleek last (so along the lines of 2030 Last, Brogue Toe Cap, Dainite Sole, No Box Toe) in the vintage tan roughout. I believe this would be along the lines of one of their early Nigel Cabourn collaborations but without the distressing.

10. seer

seer Senior member

11. deme24

deme24 Active Member

12. seer

seer Senior member

And you can see my new 145s in post #1167

[​IMG]

Great shoes!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013

13. deme24

deme24 Active Member

They look good, but probably even better when they're broken in. I'm not too fond of the toe cap though, but i don't like toe caps in general. How is sizing for the oxford. I'm normally a us10 so I was thinking I need a uk9, but I don't know if the oxfords have a snug or roomy fit. Any suggestions?

14. seer

seer Senior member

Yes, I'm just the opposite - I love a cap toe. If you go with the 110 last the UK9 will be fine for a US10D, I'm a US10E or 10 1/2 - so I use the UK9.5. On the 110 last they are a perfect fit for me.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013

15. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Seer:

The more I see these shoes the more I want a pair. How are they breaking in? I am hoping to catch a pair on sale somewhere or find another vendor like Yuketen that makes something close in look. I know the quality most likely wont be the same. I like the black sole you put on those. More of a classic look.

'I am interested to see what the MTO choices the group decides will look like for the boot ,shoe, chukka etc

Have a good weekend all

DuckOB