• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

psimpson

Reaction score

Do you mean that the sole isn't totally flat and the shoes have a slight lean? If so, that's normal and they'll flatten out as you wear them.

Yes. That's exactly what I mean. Thanks! Actually after a few hours they are already starting to flatten out.

neilz4

Reaction score
New to Viberg, please forgive what may be a common question (I've read the last five pages or so of this thread and haven't seen it, though):

I want a black service boot on Commando or Dainite.

I really like the 3sixteen Stealth makeup. I really like the black french calf from Brooklyn Clothing Co. I really like the black cxl service boot from Leffot. I'm not as big of a fan of the black SF Market makeup.

But those are all either out of stock or not available in my size (my Alden Barrie size is 12D). Any suggestions as to where I can obtain an awesome black service boot in my size?

I've heard of people approaching 3sixteen (via email, I suppose) to get makeups done of one of their out-of-stock boots. E.g., you want the stealth in a 12D, they can put the order in for you and you can wait ~12 or so weeks, but you'll get them.

Try emailing Brooklyn Clothing Co., they announced a few restocks but whenever I checked they always only had a couple sizes in stock so maybe they didn't post correctly online?

Other than that, I think you may just have to go for the BCSK or wait on the next round of SF makeups. The commando sole is a pretty uncommon feature for Vibergs in many of their runs so you may want to do the SF GMTO that is current if that's high up on your list. Otherwise, a lot of what I've seen from Viberg lately is on Dainite so just wait for a black service boot to come out.

Or, of course, visit Viberg in Victoria.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to Viberg, please forgive what may be a common question (I've read the last five pages or so of this thread and haven't seen it, though):

I really like the 3sixteen Stealth makeup. I really like the black french calf from Brooklyn Clothing Co. I really like the black cxl service boot from Leffot. I'm not as big of a fan of the black SF Market makeup.

But those are all either out of stock or not available in my size (my Alden Barrie size is 12D). Any suggestions as to where I can obtain an awesome black service boot in my size?

Welcome to the club. I've gone through a few black Vibergs trying to find "the one" for me. Turns out, it was one of the originals I purchased a year ago: the 3Sixteen Stealths. Specifically, I like that they dyed the edges of the leather so the natural tan doesn't disrupt the black of the boot (that you see in most of their black CXL boots nowadays), along with the dark gunmetal eyelets.

I had and just sold the BCC black french calf and decided, while colorwise it was spot-on (but didn't like the bright silver eyelets), I didn't like the texture of the leather — too polished and nice.

For you, I'd look into finding something from Tate & Yoko's Viberg inventory or even the new makes that came out for Palmer Trading Co.

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/viberg

http://www.palmertrading.com/store/brand/viberg

You might even consider these. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that blind eyelets are the best look for black service boots.

http://mohawkgeneralstore.com/catalog/viberg-service-boot-in-dust-black.html

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Palmer Trading Co has some in black waxed flesh -- not sure what sizes are available.

jp2k1

Reaction score
Just wanted to post some pictures of the derby natural cxls. No major issues with the alignment of the laces. Received them last Thursday and I honestly wasn't sure about the color or shape, but they have definitely grown on me.
[/URL]

Just one question regardingthe leather soul. Mine has a slight crown to it, which I assume well flattened overtime

Last edited:

westie187

Reaction score
Wow, those are breaking in beautifully.

boned

Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a cheap ass, why is the SF MTO (natty CXL specifically) more expensive compared to Viberg's standard CXL offerings? I would think that a group buy would lower the cost some. Also, does anyone wanna spitball a price estimate of the natty CXL's coming to Mr. P? Time isn't an issue so if there's a better deal out there I'd be happy to wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads