Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

Do you mean that the sole isn't totally flat and the shoes have a slight lean? If so, that's normal and they'll flatten out as you wear them.

2. psimpson

psimpson Member

Yes. That's exactly what I mean. Thanks! Actually after a few hours they are already starting to flatten out.

3. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

I've heard of people approaching 3sixteen (via email, I suppose) to get makeups done of one of their out-of-stock boots. E.g., you want the stealth in a 12D, they can put the order in for you and you can wait ~12 or so weeks, but you'll get them.

Try emailing Brooklyn Clothing Co., they announced a few restocks but whenever I checked they always only had a couple sizes in stock so maybe they didn't post correctly online?

Other than that, I think you may just have to go for the BCSK or wait on the next round of SF makeups. The commando sole is a pretty uncommon feature for Vibergs in many of their runs so you may want to do the SF GMTO that is current if that's high up on your list. Otherwise, a lot of what I've seen from Viberg lately is on Dainite so just wait for a black service boot to come out.

Or, of course, visit Viberg in Victoria.

4. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior member

Welcome to the club. I've gone through a few black Vibergs trying to find "the one" for me. Turns out, it was one of the originals I purchased a year ago: the 3Sixteen Stealths. Specifically, I like that they dyed the edges of the leather so the natural tan doesn't disrupt the black of the boot (that you see in most of their black CXL boots nowadays), along with the dark gunmetal eyelets.

I had and just sold the BCC black french calf and decided, while colorwise it was spot-on (but didn't like the bright silver eyelets), I didn't like the texture of the leather — too polished and nice.

For you, I'd look into finding something from Tate & Yoko's Viberg inventory or even the new makes that came out for Palmer Trading Co.

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/viberg

http://www.palmertrading.com/store/brand/viberg

You might even consider these. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that blind eyelets are the best look for black service boots.

http://mohawkgeneralstore.com/catalog/viberg-service-boot-in-dust-black.html

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

5. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

hmm, I remember some talk on this board when discussion MTOs that the rivet was "proprietary" to Cabourn only... Looks like that might be more flexible than it seemed.

I like the rivet on these, and the eight contrasting eyelets; not a fan of the distressing.

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Palmer Trading Co has some in black waxed flesh -- not sure what sizes are available.

7. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

8. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

9. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

Almost two months old

[​IMG]

10. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Wow, those are breaking in beautifully.

11. EPrest90

EPrest90 Senior member

What color is that?

I lust after Viberg boots. Maybe next year I'll have the funds...until then I drool about this thread

12. westie187

westie187 Senior member

13. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

14. knocksteaady

knocksteaady Well-Known Member

hey can we get some progress pics on these? i'm thinking of getting a pair.

15. boned

boned Senior member

At risk of sounding like a cheap ass, why is the SF MTO (natty CXL specifically) more expensive compared to Viberg's standard CXL offerings? I would think that a group buy would lower the cost some. Also, does anyone wanna spitball a price estimate of the natty CXL's coming to Mr. P? Time isn't an issue so if there's a better deal out there I'd be happy to wait.