• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's it. There's significantly more toe cap on my unstructured size 7.5 CXL 2030s vs. my size 8 Brandys. I'll try to take a photo tonight.

Well, ****, that makes me scared to put in with any GMTO's now. I mean, I'd prefer to see pics of the actual boot being purchased to be sure the toe caps are in proper proportion. I'd hate to wait 2-3 months to find little baby nip toe caps waiting for me when I open the box.

Skell6009

Reaction score

Well, ****, that makes me scared to put in with any GMTO's now. I mean, I'd prefer to see pics of the actual boot being purchased to be sure the toe caps are in proper proportion. I'd hate to wait 2-3 months to find little baby nip toe caps waiting for me when I open the box.

Sounds like you should defect to the blue collar shitkicker where there are no stinkin' toe caps to worry about. ;)

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should defect to the blue collar shitkicker where there are no stinkin' toe caps to worry about.
wink.gif

Why would I pretend to be something I'm not? No point in buying $800 boots to mimic an aesthetic, yet not use them for said aesthetic.

In da face!

eskamobob1

Reaction score

Sounds like you should defect to the blue collar shitkicker where there are no stinkin' toe caps to worry about. ;)

I keep hearing about the blue collar **** kicker but I can't for the life of me figure out which boo it is. What is the current planned make up of it?

zielschuss

Reaction score
Good looking boot, but has anyone else noticed that the toe caps on the recent shell service boots (Leffot's color 8 and this one; I can't remember noticing on the navy) have been a bit shorter than usual?

It seems to me the old caps covered about 2/3 of the vamp between the end of toe and the quarters. On the newer ones it only covers a little less than half the same space. I think it throws the proportions off a bit

Quote:

Here's the color 8 shell boot with the short toe caps.

brandall10

Reaction score

Here's the color 8 shell boot with the short toe caps.

Yup... and I was incorrect about the photo above... the first leffot run didn't have a structured toe cap. I'd love to be corrected on this, but I don't recall seeing a partially structured toe w/ long cap.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Actually one thing I've always liked about Vibergs were the shorter toecaps, compared with say Whites. It's the longer ones that seem like an aberration to me.

Skell6009

Reaction score
It probably has more to do with the actual shoe size of each boot. I actually think the 2030 last looks disproportionate from size 10 and up. The metatarsal area and toe cap are elongated to accommodate the longer foot but without a proportionate increase in the size of the upper shaft.

Look at this size 12 boot for example...(this is the 3sixteen carolina brown boot)

You can google pictures yourself but size 10 is where it starts to happen.

Conversely, anything smaller than a 7.5 or 8 looks a little stubby. Size 8-9.5 is the sweet spot for the 2030 IMO.

Last edited:

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
It probably has more to do with the actual shoe size of each boot. I actually think the 2030 last looks disproportionate from size 10 and up. The metatarsal area and toe cap are elongated to accommodate the longer foot but without a proportionate increase in the size of the upper shaft.

Look at this size 12 boot for example...(this is the 3sixteen carolina brown boot)

You can google pictures yourself but size 10 is where it starts to happen.

Conversely, anything smaller than a 7.5 or 8 looks a little stubby. Size 8-9.5 is the sweet spot for the 2030 IMO.

I think that's as much to do with looking at the boots in isolation. They look better on a pair of feet, presumably attached to someone proportionately sized to fit them.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ THANK YOU! Love seeing pics like this to get a better representation of how a color evolves over time. So today I learned: I won't be buying brown CXL — too much red undertones for me.

But they do look awesome. Love that you're not babying them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads