• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out their instagram

Ooo good call. Looks like they have/had Navy Latigo, Black French Calf and #8 CXL service boots.

But damn these Snuff Suede Service boots look pretty sweet. I hope I get to meet these ones in person.

Very cool! Keep us posted on what they have and try and snap some pics.

Will do, I will be happy just getting the sizing down even if I don't come away with anything.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
^^I really like those boots! What sole is that?

Do you know your brannock size? Fingers crossed they fit!

Yeah, I've heard similar comments about IRs being narrow. Mine feel snug in the heel and regular width in the toe. I bought IRs in 8.5 and 8, and the 8.5 felt too roomy around the ankle. Either way, I hope you're wrong, too!
colgate.gif

The sole is a Vibram Gloxi Cut. You don't see it around all that often. I like it a lot - super comfortable and looks pretty cool too.

skeptical jesus

Reaction score

Engineer05

Reaction score
Ditto on shipping confirmation. I saw someone in another thread talking about import duties, but maybe they weren't in the US.

Regardless, these will be my first vibergs. Excited to see if they live up to the hype.

Which pair did you get?
I got the Chukka in nappa suede, size 8, 110 last. How about you?

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
nice choice. i saw there were a handful of chukkas that weren't selling, would have considered a pair if they had one in my size. I was torn between a couple pairs, but grabbed the tan calfskin service boots because they were the least like anything else I already own.

Engineer05

Reaction score
^^Those are nice! I really like the shape of the service boots. If those pop up in my size during another sample sale, I might spring for a pair. Post some fit pics when you get them. :)

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the Carolina CXL service boot from 3Sixteen or the Chicago Tan Latigo from Super Denim?

If the latter was on 2030 with unstructured toe, it'd be perfect. I think any toe structure will make the boot look goofy on my small feet and frame (7.5/5'7)

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing the black calf boots from Brooklyn Clothing on Brett Viberg's instagram or somewhere and they looked very cool..

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice choice. i saw there were a handful of chukkas that weren't selling, would have considered a pair if they had one in my size. I was torn between a couple pairs, but grabbed the tan calfskin service boots because they were the least like anything else I already own.
Very nice!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those will be sweet once you ditch those laces for waxed cotton or leather laces.

brandall10

Reaction score

Anyone have the Carolina CXL service boot from 3Sixteen or the Chicago Tan Latigo from Super Denim?

If the latter was on 2030 with unstructured toe, it'd be perfect. I think any toe structure will make the boot look goofy on my small feet and frame (7.5/5'7)

Ha... I'm 5'5". I actually think my unstructured 7.5 CXLs look fairly dainty (at least from the profile shot) so I'm not terribly concerned about an 8 Brandy visually... but I wasn't factoring in the partially structured toe. My new Indys, while significantly more narrow, seem slightly longer and more bulbous in the toe in the profile shot and are at my personal limit of what I'd think gets into clownish territory for my frame.

Could anyone with both partially structured and unstructured Vibergs weight in on the visual difference on foot?

Last edited:

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Those will be sweet once you ditch those laces for waxed cotton or leather laces.

My thoughts exactly. Have been trying to decide what I plan to do instead. The stock brown french calf vibergs use waxed round laces

But I think those work better with the 10 eyelets. Was thinking about either natural or black rawhide, but not sure, am still waiting to get the boots in my hand until I decide.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads