• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meelypops

Reaction score

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard and Strange
A few places carried it. I bought mine from *Blue Button Shop. Benny’s Store/Take 5 also carries it. Though some places said it was Italian Horsebutt. I think some were horween and others Maryam.

edit:blue button shop not L&F

Last edited:

Bikingnerd

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how much is bison leather likely to give over time? Picked up a pair of the .com chelseas (1 down from brannock, same as my tricker’s 2298 size) and they are a bit tight at the little toe. Length and overall fit seems good, just a bit narrow.

I’d previously tried a pair of the natural CXL Chelseas a half size up and they felt quite sloppy, so I suspect if these won’t ease up over time that the 2050 last is just not for me (or the leather makes a huge difference).

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but how much is bison leather likely to give over time? Picked up a pair of the .com chelseas (1 down from brannock, same as my tricker’s 2298 size) and they are a bit tight at the little toe. Length and overall fit seems good, just a bit narrow.

I’d previously tried a pair of the natural CXL Chelseas a half size up and they felt quite sloppy, so I suspect if these won’t ease up over time that the 2050 last is just not for me (or the leather makes a huge difference).
I feel your pain. I really want Viberg Chelseas but the 2050 just isn't for me.

motojobobo

Reaction score
Here's the second pair I picked up. Appears dry out of the box, but I don't know if using VSC will end up darkening the leather...
On trying to avoid darkening our light colored boots when lubricating them I wonder whether using conditioner from the inside (on unlined pairs) may help with dryness while reducing/avoiding darkening Them. Has anybody tried that? I have a pair of SB in crust horsebutt from DR that are asking to be moisturized but I keep putting it off for fear of losing the light colored hue which was the main reason I bought them.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the second pair I picked up. Appears dry out of the box, but I don't know if using VSC will end up darkening the leather...or end up making the grain pop 🧐. Either way these have much more visual interest than the DR pair on 2040 I picked up recently.

View attachment 1648675View attachment 1648676View attachment 1648678View attachment 1648677
It can be tricky, but if its dry you should condition it. Deadstock Maryam HB is THIRSTIER than college coeds on spring break. My port ones just drank in the bick 4.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.