• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

thepatinaarena

Reaction score
You used to be able to call Viberg and do a MTO directly? Or did you have to go to Vancouver?
Back in 2013 I asked about a leather and they offered to make a pair. I think you could also swing by the factory in Victoria to spec out an MTO until a few years ago.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perforations look like the cutting edge was dull and it made little tears in the leather as it cut. That or something about that shinki horsebutt makes the top layer want to peel off.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 4 shinkis came today and to be honest I think they're a little rough for a boot of this price

View attachment 1626039

Perforations look really rough
View attachment 1626040

Sloppy stitching and perforations
View attachment 1626041

Frayed/missing stitching
View attachment 1626042

Debating reaching out to CS but let me know if anyone thinks I'm overreacting
20210617_133817.jpg

Those are real rough, these are mine from the original run in January. I would reach out to Viberg as there's something wrong with the punching machine.

JohnL1972

Reaction score
Color 4 shinkis came today and to be honest I think they're a little rough for a boot of this price

View attachment 1626039

Perforations look really rough
View attachment 1626040

Sloppy stitching and perforations
View attachment 1626041

Frayed/missing stitching
View attachment 1626042

Debating reaching out to CS but let me know if anyone thinks I'm overreacting
Wow. The perforations on the broguing is super rough. A real shame. The leather used to make your boots has amazing character. Better than the ones I got in the original January run.

goalaso

Reaction score
No shell MTOs for like years right? Its whatever leathers Guy or Brett allow you to choose from. I believe the last time they had the event it was 1,000
Wait, this is hypothetical, right? Or is there going to be a shell gmto

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, this is hypothetical, right? Or is there going to be a shell gmto
Like a decade ago, when Viberg first had MTOs they did have shell. Someone who posts here has a pair of shell MTO actually. There's a shell GMTO every month on the .com haha. The MTO event in general (which is non-shell) was ~1,000$ when they last had it. Sorry, those are two separate statements. We're only getting a sample sale in NY so far and no MTO option to go with it is what Viberg is saying so far.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember in the podcast Brett said there will be one, but I don’t remember if he actually said it’s going to be in NY, I really don’t remember. So is it officially in NY?
He said NY and it usually is NY too. Nothings going to be official probably until Canada gets caught up on vaccinations at this point.

thewinedown

Reaction score
View attachment 1626051
Those are real rough, these are mine from the original run in January. I would reach out to Viberg as there's something wrong with the punching machine.
Oh boy. I got my shipping notice but they haven’t moved from Canada yet. Hopefully they sharpened some tools between pairs…

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.