STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Now included: the Viberg Cobbler Experience™️TLDR : So the Cuoio Horsebutt's from Miloh came, and I'll be keeping them
Photos and Comparison
Video First Impressions
Some notes :
Cuoio Horsebutt is very soft feeling and the leather is comfortably breaking in (it is softer and more pliable than my Horween Brown Horsebutt with shell inside). The leather has variation that consist of striations and has a painted like finish. The leather grain and clicking on my pair is quite tight all over. No lose grain along the shaft or toes (Wow, quite lucky here). The leather is medium thickness, and is actually more on the thicker side. The leather is not nearly as shiny as photos appear, its more matte, but can probably take a polish with some brushing and cream.
Boot Quality :
- Double stitchdown looks great and I have no complaints. This was a great surprise.
- Tooling gash on the front toe and in some other places. This is sort of expected, but better care should be taken when handling the boots at the factory IMO. Slightly annoying.
- large diagonal scratch on the right boot, which may actually be leather scarring/variation. I don't mind these as I have already made them look much better with some brushing/rolling and conditioning. Plus this sort of stuff happens and is reasonable. Slightly annoying.
- Sharp nail protruding underneath the insole. This was a surprise and unacceptable by Viberg in my opinion. I pulled off the insole and the nail was sharp and protruding about 2mm out. I hammered that sucker down with a pin and chisel. I shouldn't have to do that.
2030 Changes :
-The boots are noticeably lighter in comparison to my 2030 Horween Brown Horsebutt. The Cuoio boot had a mass of 750g, and the Horween brown horsebutt had a mass of 809g. So about 60g lighter, which is equivalent to 2/16 of a lb or so in size 6.5. I think this is due to the new wooden shanks.
- This years 2030 has a rounder toe and isn't as pointy as my 2030 from 2 years ago. There is more toe space and I welcome this change as I think its more fitting with my current style.
- The box has a lesser quality polishing cloth. It's a thinner and more airy canvas material. Previous one was really thick.
- New heeled cushion insole. No longer has the mini arch support. I miss the old one.
Random notes :
- I like the ridgeway sole. It kind of rolls when you walk versus Dainite. Much softer.