• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shalomp

Reaction score
the dainite on the heels are wearing out much faster than the rest of the sole on my 2030 service boot

has anyone ever just resoled the heel?

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the dainite on the heels are wearing out much faster than the rest of the sole on my 2030 service boot

Yes, easy to do. Any local cobbler can put a new heel on. Not sure if Viberg will, but they might.

Shalomp

Reaction score
thanks guys...

where i am at, there are no "proper" cobblers who can do resoling for a stitch down boot. the dainite heel of my 2030 service boot appears to be a simple glue job at least to me. but i am still skittish about it as i treasure my vibergs a hell lot.

are there any resoling videos or web pages that i can go to that will alleviate my fears so i can sleep well at night? :)

Yes, easy to do. Any local cobbler can put a new heel on. Not sure if Viberg will, but they might.

I'll typically get a few heels before a new sole. It's always been less than $25 total.

A competent cobbler can absolutely replace just the heel, yes.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
thanks guys...

where i am at, there are no "proper" cobblers who can do resoling for a stitch down boot. the dainite heel of my 2030 service boot appears to be a simple glue job at least to me. but i am still skittish about it as i treasure my vibergs a hell lot.

are there any resoling videos or web pages that i can go to that will alleviate my fears so i can sleep well at night? :)
Replacing the heels is an easy job for any cobbler. You may have to source the dainite heels though.

When it comes time for an actual resole, just send them off to Viberg.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just about ANY cobbler should be able to properly replace a heel, it's the simplest repair they can do. Though it's well worth it to find the best cobbler you can so you can send more demanding future work their way.

This video is for a full resole and restoration (by Bedo's Leather Works), but the first part of any resole is removing the old heel and heel stack. So you can just watch the first few minutes, (though the complete video is informative), the new heel being attached just follows the same steps in reverse.

Just be sure to ask the cobbler (have him show you the replacement) has the proper Dainite heels for the job (that includes size). If maintaining the original look of your boots is important, and they don't have them, go somewhere else.

If you need a full sole replacement, send them to Viberg.

Shalomp

Reaction score
wowser!

i was only intending to watch the first bit about the heel but i got so mesmerised that i finished the entire video! thanks for sharing! Wish i could see the part where he glued on the new heel...

Just about ANY cobbler should be able to properly replace a heel, it's the simplest repair they can do. Though it's well worth it to find the best cobbler you can so you can send more demanding future work their way.

This video is for a full resole and restoration (by Bedo's Leather Works), but the first part of any resole is removing the old heel and heel stack. So you can just watch the first few minutes, (though the complete video is informative), the new heel being attached just follows the same steps in reverse.

Just be sure to ask the cobbler (have him show you the replacement) has the proper Dainite heels for the job (that includes size). If maintaining the original look of your boots is important, and they don't have them, go somewhere else.

If you need a full sole replacement, send them to Viberg.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wowser!

i was only intending to watch the first bit about the heel but i got so mesmerised that i finished the entire video! thanks for sharing! Wish i could see the part where he glued on the new heel...

There are lots of vids on youtube that show that part. Just search "shoe resole" on youtube. I'm pretty sure the same guy has one where you see him glue and nail the heel back on, but regardless there are plenty of others.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wowser!

This comment lead me to watch the video and I have to echo this. I would have 100% thrown those shoes out before they were even half that bad. I am shocked to see how he was able to overhaul those.

scrwl

Reaction score
Black shell today.

ZnlC7Mqh.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads