• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some sizing advice on a semi-structured toe 1035 last .
For the 2030 I wear a 9 unstructured & 9.5 structured.
I’ve been contemplating on picking up a pair of 145 oxfords on the 1035 last w a semi-structured toe, would a 9.5 fit similar to the 9.5 structured toe 2030? I’ve read that 1035 is a bit wider than the 2030 or is that wrong?
I’d appreciate any input, thank you.

For what it's worth, I find 145 oxfords on the 1035 last notoriously inconsistent. For example, I'm a 10D Brannock. My Withered Fig Mushroom Oxfords fit perfectly a full size down - 9.5 is too big, 9 is perfect. Yet my Withered Fig Horsebutt Crust in a 9 feel a half size too big, to the point where I could do an 8.5 unless I'm wearing thick wool socks. Well, I tried Standard & Strange's 145 oxford in tobacco chamois - and an 8.5 is pretty much perfect with thin to medium thickness socks - a full 1.5 sizes down. They feel the exact same as my Withered Fig Mushrooms. Withered Fig's blog seems to confirm the Horsebutt Crust oxfords run a quarter to a half size big as well.

I would just advise buying 145s from somewhere you can try and return as necessary.

nareichert

Reaction score
I guess. I'm more concerned if they go full grab bag. Imagine paying 600$ and getting something bad.
These are just all of their products exposed on the website. $600 SS boot, $100 MTO, $100 SS boot... they're all just old products they have sold in the past. Clearly they're doing something to the website, but this definitely doesn't mean there will be an online SS.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are just all of their products exposed on the website. $600 SS boot, $100 MTO, $100 SS boot... they're all just old products they have sold in the past. Clearly they're doing something to the website, but this definitely doesn't mean there will be an online SS.
Its all cleared out anyways. I refresh the boots section 150, then 88, then 68, then 57. It's a shame though, cuz it would be exciting. Especially if we all got to play swapsies/trades with whatever we got from the grab bags.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I find 145 oxfords on the 1035 last notoriously inconsistent. For example, I'm a 10D Brannock. My Withered Fig Mushroom Oxfords fit perfectly a full size down - 9.5 is too big, 9 is perfect. Yet my Withered Fig Horsebutt Crust in a 9 feel a half size too big, to the point where I could do an 8.5 unless I'm wearing thick wool socks. Well, I tried Standard & Strange's 145 oxford in tobacco chamois - and an 8.5 is pretty much perfect with thin to medium thickness socks - a full 1.5 sizes down. They feel the exact same as my Withered Fig Mushrooms. Withered Fig's blog seems to confirm the Horsebutt Crust oxfords run a quarter to a half size big as well.

I would just advise buying 145s from somewhere you can try and return as necessary.
What size are you in the 2030 last? unstructured and structured, in case you tend to wear both types of toe box.
They're actually the Standard & Strange makeup.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size are you in the 2030 last? unstructured and structured, in case you tend to wear both types of toe box.
If you're buying from S&S they do free returns and exchanges as well so you should be good to go and adjust accordingly.

xghostsniperx

Reaction score

I wear 9 in 2030, so full size down. I've tried 9.5 and it's a little too loose for my liking. I don't change sizing between unstructured and unstructured, they both feel close enough for me not to notice on the 2030 boot.

mitchmurr62

Reaction score
Hmmm...I was able to order the Peanut Kudu in my size & even received a confirmation e-mail, before all those boots disappeared. Maybe tomorrow I get an "oops..." email from them.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Our latest shell offering is carefully aged in the alkaline neutral waters right out our doorstep. We find this eco-friendly and hyper local method creates a soggy, yet crisp shell that is cold to the touch. Featuring an in-house barnacle sole and seaweed vegtanned midsoles. Preorders go live...."

*Division Road has entered the chat*

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the black or brown calf Chelseas? I feel like chelseas are an unpopular style here (maybe because they're basics?) but I've been wanting some lately so though I'd ask..

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 9 in 2030, so full size down. I've tried 9.5 and it's a little too loose for my liking. I don't change sizing between unstructured and unstructured, they both feel close enough for me not to notice on the 2030 boot.
Seems like there's a lot of variance in the 1035 last. Thank you.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Anyone have the black or brown calf Chelseas? I feel like chelseas are an unpopular style here (maybe because they're basics?) but I've been wanting some lately so though I'd ask..

I tried to jump on the black calf Chelseas yesterday on the .com while they popped up at $340. Probably would not have worked though. I have been interested in some Viberg Chelseas too - they look great in photos, but in use I have seen some strange creasing, which is typical of a lot of Chelseas. Thus I have been sticking to RM Williams (they offer wide sizes too) - sort of like why bother with anyone else for Chelseas, especially given their comfort factor? If I go higher end than that, I think Crockett & Jones offers nicer stuff than Viberg in this category at similar prices, with some gorgeous styles.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you interested in the style or leather more? I have a pair of natty CXL chelseas

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads