Vedoneire jackets (versus Barbour / Musto)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rostov, Sep 22, 2013.

1. rostov

rostov Senior member

I'm in the market for a new midweight jacket.

Having a long-time distain for quilted jackets (probably because of my distain for all things Columbia (sorry, Columbia lovers), I was surprised to find myself really falling in love with some of items in Barbour's collection. I then found myself torn between the Musto Kingston and the Barbour Ariel.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Ariel as I'll be able to try it on locally, versus special-ordering an item from the UK that may or may not fit well. However, before I do, I've suddenly become aware of Vedoneire.

Specifically, I'm looking at their "custom fit quilted jacket", photograph below, or maybe their four-pocket version.

[​IMG]

Vedoneire claims to have been around since 1942, and is apparently a long-lived heritage brand. However, I can find very little information about them. Online shops from the UK seem to indicate they've only carried the brand a couple years. They're selling on Amazon and eBay... but I see very little written about them and no reviews.

Anyone try these jackets? Comments on quality, etc?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

2. Gordon Freeman

Gordon Freeman Well-Known Member

I ordered the VEDONEIRE Mens Quilted Jacket (3036) NAVY from Amazon (free shipping) and it arrived in one week.
    Used the measurements in the listing.
    Pretty good quality, slimmer fit -not baggy.
    I love it.