• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Varvatos shoes and Ted Baker Snorkel Parka

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting rid of some brand new stuff I bought just a few months ago, but never wear. Â The Varvatos shoes are a great disressed leather, and go great with jeans. Â I would keep them, but have never gotten around to wearing them (as you guy know, I nearly always wear sneakers. Â The retail is about $350, and sell at Filene's basement there for $129, but hardly ever make it to markdown. Â The size is a generous 10.5 (I wear 10.5 US and have medium wide feet, and they fit me perfectly. Â They are brand new and in perfect condition except for some scratches on the soles (you can see it in the picture) from trying them out on not perfectly clean hardwood. Â Cool leather laces. The Ted Baker (London line) snorkel parka I would also keep, but it is too big. Â It is supposed to fit oversized, and would fit a 42R perfectly, but I am a 40R - so, great jacket, but not when I wear it. Â It has rubber toggle buttons and a dual-directional zipper closing, buttoned, flapped hip pockets and handwarmer pockets above that, as well as a hidden vertical pocket with a zipper closure. Â The inside is a really cool iridescent blue-green quilted lining, and features a cellphone pocket and a passport pocket, as well as a toggled drawstring waist. Â Composition is wool/acrylic, and quite warm. Â Again, very cool, and brand new, but not my size. Â It is a Ted Baker size 4, which will with a 42 to a 44, and is also brand new, although in my enthusiasm, I took the tags off. Â No damage or wear whatsoever, guaranteed. Â I don't know the retail for this piece, but saw a similar coat at Saks for $450. I'm asking $100 shipped for either item, and $180 or both (shipped.) Â The Varvatos shoes would sell for more on Ebay, from past auctions, but frankly, I would rather avoid the hassle, and sell it to someone I can trust on the board. Â PM me if interested, otherwise I will Ebay both items on Wednesday. Pictures below.
varvatos11io.jpg
varvatos29ke.jpg
tb11dz.jpg
tb26ni.jpg
tb43qp.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some minor corrections:

Ted Baker jacket:

Composition is actually 60% wool, 40% rayon. Not sure if the lining is included in this. And the lining is iridescent red-green, not blue-green.

I took some measurements (and remember that this is supposed to be an oversized parka.

Shoulders: 22.5 inches (though I'm not sure I took this measurement correctly.) I took this measurement along the back yoke.

Chest (or rather, back) 25-26 inches. The parka would fit oversized but well on a 42R or 42L (but not a 40R, trust me on this one. I am 5'11'' and 165 lbs, and it swims on me), nearly perfectly on a 43R, and would be "just right" but probably on really oversized on a 44 R)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacket has been sold pending payment (funny for me to ship something back to K-town, R.)

This is a last offer to anyone interested in the shoes before they go on Ebay. Really nice for any 10.5s out there...

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fok, I suspect they will be too wide for me, but I'm running to the Downtown Crossing T and will stop in FB in 30 minutes. I think there's a 10 or 11 of the same pair there right now. I'll try it on and let you know.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron,

I think that that was a size 10 I saw there a few days ago. If you are around the Law school anytime, I could give you a try on of the actual shoes (they are sitting in my office.) I'll PM you.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to put the shoes up on Ebay on Sunday, since that seems to be the best day to end auctions. So this is last call. If I don't get a shout out from anyone before tomorrow evening (reasonable obo will be considered) they are going on the block.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads