• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up - best movie ever

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw this in 3d. Was definitely great. I kept my 3d glasses too instead of putting them in the receptacle. Shhhh!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree with Globe...
Saw it last night with the two youngest RubeBabes. Awesome 3-D!

I love Doug the Dog.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys built it up for me too much, but I saw it yesterday down and was kinda disappointed. I mean, it was ooooookay, but it paled in comparison to most of its Pixar stablemates/Dreamworks competitors.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took the kids to see it while we were on vacation last week.

Meh.

I could name 10 Disney movies I thought were better. Probably 20 if I were willing to put in the effort.

Not bad, just not that great, IMO.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw it with my girlfriend this past weekend. It was excellent. Nearly every character turned out to be hilarious in their own way. Doug and Kevin were my favorites, by far. The villain seemed a little one-dimensional, but still a bit creepy. The animation was fantastic, and the plot was very deep at certain moments.

The short in the beginning was incredibly creative, even if the people sitting behind us didn't understand.

Also, my girlfriend and I are trying to settle a dispute... The Wilderness Scout (I forget the character's name), what do you think is his nationality. I'm thinking he's Korean, while my girlfriend believes that he is Pacific Islander. We both agree that he's probably multi-racial, but we're still unsure.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to nitpick anything it would be this: I thought that the main god villain (forgot his name) had potential to be a much better villain, but he was a bot underused. Understandable, I just thought he had more potential for being memorable from the moment he was introduced.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84

Also, my girlfriend and I are trying to settle a dispute... The Wilderness Scout (I forget the character's name), what do you think is his nationality. I'm thinking he's Korean, while my girlfriend believes that he is Pacific Islander. We both agree that he's probably multi-racial, but we're still unsure.

He was modeled after Peter Sohn, a pixar animator with a korean background.
2009060300462_1.jpg

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
He was modeled after Peter Sohn, a pixar animator with a korean background.

If he's Korean, I guess the little kid is lucky that he was in Up! rather than Gran Torino.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Great movie, but didn't blow me away like Wall-E did.

i never got why Wall-E was so liked by everyone. i saw it, couple of times just to make sure, but it didnt really captivate me as much as even films like Monsters Inc or Incredibles.

It didnt seem to have any real cleverness to it. However, i did watch it on dvd, so it may have been the lack of big screen factor that is making me biased.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i never got why Wall-E was so liked by everyone. i saw it, couple of times just to make sure, but it didnt really captivate me as much as even films like Monsters Inc or Incredibles.

It didnt seem to have any real cleverness to it. However, i did watch it on dvd, so it may have been the lack of big screen factor that is making me biased.

Yeah, neither Ratatouille nor Wall*E successfully negotiated that channel between good and great. I thought the chase scenes in the latter were particularly tiresome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads