• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two weeks and 1000$ to buy a suit, shirt, shoes, and tie.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine decided (late) to buy some clothes for Christmas, and has to do this within two weeks.
Average sized guy all over (38R-40R, 9-10 shoes)

Already laid down the colors and patterns for him, but what are the best options? What would you buy?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That situation seems a bit odd. Why does your friend have to have it all by Christmas? I don't know many people who dress up in a suit for Christmas. What kind of occasions is the suit for? More info would be useful, but I'll just assume it needs to be something versatile and conservative. Since you already covered the details such as color, I'll just throw out the brands I'd go to in this situation:

Suit: Benjamin by eHaberdasher
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Shoes: Allen Edmonds seconds
Tie: Sam Hober grenadine

At full retail prices and including shipping costs and tailoring for the suit, these items should total right around $1000 and should be obtainable in two weeks or less. Only thing from that list I've never owned is a Benjamin suit, but they seem like a good value for the money and are fairly highly regarded on SF.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can he not select his own colours etc. - quite odd to be told what to wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads