• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resource icon

TweedProf's Tie Cleanout: Cappelli, Drake's, Sozzi

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
TweedyProf submitted a new listing:

TweedProf's Tie Closet Cleanout - Great ties from Cappelli, Drake's, Vanda and Sozzie

I've exceeded my limit of 20 ties per FW or SS season so I've had to choose a few to let go. I would gladly keep all of these, but I'm over the limit.

Highest quality ties from the best makers, worn at most 5 times but most, less (a couple). All in as new condition, well taken care of from a clean home, no pets or smokers.

Cappellis are 8.5 cm wide except the raw silk which is 8cm, Vanda is 9cm, Drake's 8cm and the Sozzie is 8cm. Lengths vary from 57 to 60 inches but all tie effectively...

Read more about this listing...

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello,

What is the length measurement on the Vanda GunClub?

I'll have to check, but I believe that Vanda consistently makes their ties the same length (whatever is on their website) so probably 58" if memory serves me correctly.

Are you still interested in the tie? If so, I will check.

daldr

Reaction score
yes I am, its a gift for my father in law who is on the shorter side so if its 58' I would feel better about purchasing

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yes I am, its a gift for my father in law who is on the shorter side so if its 58' I would feel better about purchasing

Ok, I've looked it over and measured.

It's a six-fold handrolled, 3.5x58 inch tie. Wool but I would actually be fine wearing it in the spring too. It's still rather light and airy as Vandas are, unlined as far as I can tell but don't quote me on that.

daldr

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked it over and measured.

It's a six-fold handrolled, 3.5x58 inch tie. Wool but I would actually be fine wearing it in the spring too. It's still rather light and airy as Vandas are, unlined as far as I can tell but don't quote me on that.
I'll take it , please pm with pay pal details

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
I’ll grab the drakes burgundy repp and the will green with navy and white stripes if they are still available?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Two Drake's noted as sold above are on hold (green with navy/white stripe and burgundy repp grenadine). If the sale falls through (international shipping complications) they will be made available again. I will update. If interested let me know, and I will put you in the queue.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads