• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tweed, umbrella hat

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does any1 know where, I can find a Tweed, umbrella hat ?

I asked at J Press, but Mr Hornrims didnt understand, what hat I was talking.I think he was annoyed, because of the incident last time, with the sock display.

After I was going to require, at PS, but feeling on low energy, I was without the courage, to see her lovelyness, feeling my heart pace, I almost fainted, on a knish. Lucky, I didnt apply any , mustard.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
knish...mustard.

I do not know. the answer to your query but this verbal. image has made me. long for the. deli.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I do not know. the answer to your query but this verbal. image has made me. long for the. deli.

JBZ,

where do you like, the knish the best ?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JBZ,

Rein's (pronounced "Ryan's") Deli in Vernon, Connecticut.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Rein's (pronounced "Ryan's") Deli in Vernon, Connecticut.

I will try that, if I ever enter, CT.

Have you ever had, a knish of Riverdale, NY ?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A rain hat?

L18275_Gray.jpg

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p&feat=4765-tn

A walking hat?

459_large.jpg

http://www.hartfordyork.com/product/459/tweed-hats

mizanation

Reaction score
vaclava, have you thought about taking a regular umbrella hat and having someone sew tweed on it?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will try that, if I ever enter, CT.

Have you ever had, a knish of Riverdale, NY ?

I have not, had the Riverdale, knish. I will try it if, I get the chance.

mizanation

Reaction score
this is what you're talking about, right, vaclava? but in tweed. i'm too lazy to photoshop this:

capsHatUmbrella.gif

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
this is what you're talking about, right, vaclava? but in tweed. i'm too lazy to photoshop this:

capsHatUmbrella.gif

Hello Mizanation,

this is the 1, but with the sectors in tweed, like Dusty's. I don't know if I want each, a different color tweed, like a rainbow, because of motion sickness.

To have some1 modify, a RTW umbrella hat, with tweed, could be a good idea but, but I think it's difficult, to find a master tailor, with a minor in hatting , and umbrella making.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
an umbrella hat, of tweed is one i would buy, to shelter me from, the storm. and the sun, which would melt, the cheese.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JBZ,

Help me Krishna.

45 years ago, I lived in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NYC.

At the corner of Coney Island Ave. and Brighton Beach Ave. was a place called Hirsch's Knishs. I thought it was the best Knish place in the city.

Is it still there?

mizanation

Reaction score
Hello Mizanation,

this is the 1, but with the sectors in tweed, like Dusty's. I don't know if I want each, a different color tweed, like a rainbow, because of motion sickness.

To have some1 modify, a RTW umbrella hat, with tweed, could be a good idea but, but I think it's difficult, to find a master tailor, with a minor in hatting , and umbrella making.

i think it is possible. depends on how much you want to pay. also, something tells me that the tweed would have to be waterproofed, for reasons that i am unsure of....
confused.gif

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Help me Krishna.

45 years ago, I lived in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NYC.

At the corner of Coney Isalnd Ave. and Brighton Beach Ave. was a place called Hirsch's Knishs. I thought it was the best Knish place in the city.

Is it still there?

Hello Rnoldh,

I fear that Brighton Beach is different , from when you grew, as now it's a Nationalist, stronghold.

Next time, I creep around there, I will investigate your knish and report, here.

Did you ever have a pizza, on Neptune Ave, Coney Island ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
i think it is possible. depends on how much you want to pay. also, something tells me that the tweed would have to be waterproofed, for reasons that i am unsure of....
confused.gif

I think some tweed, has natural waterproof ability, but too I could treat it, with the Scotchish Guard spray.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads