• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tube Socks

Calden

Reaction score
I like to wear cotton tube socks in the winter, but my only options seem to be black, white, or an ugly heather grey. Does anyone know where I could pick up or order some with different solid or heather colors. By the way, I'm looking for tube socks because the heel never seems to line up correctly for me with other socks. Thanks for any help.

3 Prague Winters

Reaction score
I think tom browne is selling some this season
plain.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3 Prague Winters
I think tom browne is selling some this season
plain.gif

That was for last spring.

Calden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
tube socks ---> women.

Really? Is the general consensus that tube socks belong on women? It doesn't really matter to me, I'm just curious. If that's the case, where would be a good place to look for women's tube socks in cool colors?

Calden

Reaction score
Thanks! That's exactly what I've been trying to find.

DrPat

Reaction score
If fit is your problem you should try socks which are sized.

I don't like 100% cotton socks because they don't dry if they get sweaty and don't keep your feet warm when they are wet. I prefer a sock that is mostly wool blended with a bit of synthetic for strength.

I would only wear those AA socks if I had shin guards under them and was kicking a ball.

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
Tube socks don't have a knit-in heel shape. They are literally a tube, unlike the L-shape of the sock in your avatar. I don't like them because they bunch on the front of my ankle but that's my .02

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo
Tube socks don't have a knit-in heel shape. They are literally a tube, unlike the L-shape of the sock in your avatar. I don't like them because they bunch on the front of my ankle but that's my .02

thanks, have they common usage ?

Arms_Akimbo

Reaction score
I always thought they were just really cheap socks since simple shape=easier to make. Traditionally, they're athletic socks.

greasypeanut

Reaction score
u could also get baseball/soccer socks. those are long and come in all sorts of colors

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads