• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the ability to run stock boots comes from the efficiency of their new space and layout, not pushing MTO orders out of the way to run stock. MTO requires a lot of setup, reloading machines with the right thread, etc. and many other things that slow the process down and require a sequential approach to the process in ways that a serial run of the same config do not. I think the move put a small kink in things too. It seems like folks are holding them to standards of much larger companies...

q1445

Reaction score
Anyone out there looking to get rid of a pair of 10.5 or 11s? Not really wanting to wait the 13 weeks for MTO, winter will be over by then. Ideally a lugged sole and cap toe in the $400 range. I probably will do the MTO thing for my second pair, but hoping to have something to wear as the weather starts to get cold. Thanks!

Last edited:

Shalomp

Reaction score
anyone have experience with the horse rumps? how much do they look and feel like shell cordovans or are totally different?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone have experience with the horse rumps? how much do they look and feel like shell cordovans or are totally different?

it will have no relation to shell...as shell does not have the hide attached unless it is a special version of it from what i know. Viberg did a horse rump with the shell part still attached...best leather I own.

I may be completely wrong.....

Whirling

Reaction score
I have Truman with the Amaretto Horse Rump...it is not shell or like shell. However, it is beautiful, rich, thick leather with a somewhat different texture to it than bovine leather. I really, really highly endorse it!

anjunafan

Reaction score
I love the graphite horse rump, just wish it was more graphite instead of brown, but I might have to jump on them anyways.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone out there looking to get rid of a pair of 10.5 or 11s? Not really wanting to wait the 13 weeks for MTO, winter will be over by then. Ideally a lugged sole and cap toe in the $400 range. I probably will do the MTO thing for my second pair, but hoping to have something to wear as the weather starts to get cold. Thanks!

Waxed flesh in stock. 10.5. Lugged sole, plain toe on your feet this week

jayveeay

Reaction score
good eye. I have about 40 wears on mine. some electric blue bustin through from my wallet and phone and around the higher friction areas

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have I missed something or have the customization options completely disappeared? I only see where you can "MTO" a boot in the variation specifically listed, nothing else - no option to modify. Site still says you can customize yet it's now unclear how you do that.

I think it is your browser - sizing and the other options appear when I click the box/arrows (at least on the Marrone Horsehide boots I'd order if I had room for another pair... ;))

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have I missed something or have the customization options completely disappeared?  I only see where you can "MTO" a boot in the variation specifically listed, nothing else - no option to modify.  Site still says you can customize yet it's now unclear how you do that. 

I think it is your browser - sizing and the other options appear when I click the box/arrows (at least on the Marrone Horsehide boots I'd order if I had room for another pair...  ;))

Yes, I looked after their most recent site update at one point and the options were missing. I've looked since and they've returned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads