• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Truman Boots

pe3brain

Reaction score
Is there a Truman sale thread? Or is it mostly done on this thread? I'm looking for a pair of black cap toe Truman's in 8.5 the more interesting the leather the better

biglmbass

Reaction score
Just discussion & a bit of show & tell in this thread. Look in the ready to ship section of Truman's site. Last I looked they had cap toe black kudu ready to go.

Last edited:

q1445

Reaction score
Hoping for a little help. I picked up a pair of Stone Rambler Trumans new/used online. I was told they were size 10.5, and they very well may be. I measure 10.5 almost 11 on the brannock scale, so I expected these to be a little on the snug side. They fit good, but I have almost an extra inch of room in the toe. To me, if they are true to size, I would call them 11.5 not 10.5. I didn't see a size on the box or stamped into the leather. The exterior sole mesures exactly at 13in and the inner sole measures right around 11.5in. If anyone who owns a 10.5 or 11.5 would be willing to measure their boot and get back to me I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to know if these are truly 10.5s for future sizing. Thanks!
(Pics are not great, but best I could do for now)

Last edited:

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@q1445 , I'd say those are either an 11 or 11.5. The insoles of my 10 are about 10 5/8". A 10.5 wouldn't jump all the way to an 11.5" insole.

Couldn't pass up the stock black waxed flesh.

q1445

Reaction score

@q1445
I'd say those are either an 11 or 11.5. The insoles of my 10 are about 10 5/8". A 10.5 wouldn't jump all the way to an 11.5" insole

Thanks for the info. I am thinking the same, 11 or 11.5 hopefully a few more people will be able to weigh in on the matter and I can get this size nailed down.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hoping for a little help. I picked up a pair of Stone Rambler Trumans new/used online. I was told they were size 10.5, and they very well may be. I measure 10.5 almost 11 on the brannock scale, so I expected these to be a little on the snug side. They fit good, but I have almost an extra inch of room in the toe. To me, if they are true to size, I would call them 11.5 not 10.5. I didn't see a size on the box or stamped into the leather. The exterior sole mesures exactly at 13in and the inner sole measures right around 11.5in. If anyone who owns a 10.5 or 11.5 would be willing to measure their boot and get back to me I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to know if these are truly 10.5s for future sizing. Thanks!

I wear 11.5 in Truman. Insole measures roughly 11.5 inches and outsold is 13. Sounds like you may have a pair of 11.5s. Mine aren't marked for size either.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the odd things i could never understand was not marking the boots..i remember when i got my first pair and was shocked there was not even a truman brand on the insole...i joked with Vince and said i was stamping them as Kahunas boot company nd reselling them

Reaction score
Quote:

Those don't look like Stone Ramblers either. More like their Waxy Snuff Mohawk.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

one of the odd things i could never understand was not marking the boots..i remember when i got my first pair and was shocked there was not even a truman brand on the insole...i joked with Vince and said i was stamping them as Kahunas boot company nd reselling them
My waxed flesh had the size written in sharpie. I guess that's an improvement.

q1445

Reaction score

Quote:

Those don't look like Stone Ramblers either. More like their Waxy Snuff Mohawk.

My mistake, you are correct, they are indeed Waxy Snuff Mohawks. I was going to order a pair of the Stone Ramblers......., maybe that's why I mislabeled them in my original post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads