• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am going to stay on the sidelines for this one as I am trying to organize an Alden whiskey or ravello shortwing boot group order. Let me know if anyone is interested in that. Looking like it will be on the plaza last.

:slayer:

jaspar

Reaction score
I paid my balance to shoehealer last night and got my longwings THIS MORNING. W/o customs fees, seemingly. Amazing service. Pics forthcoming.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Yeah, I woulda had mine the next day too, but I missed the first DHL delivery attempt. It went from the UK to Canada in 1 day.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Bibs, CHRK33 are you joining group order?

Red pulltab sounds better, will ask if they'll do suede or leather pulltabs

Red sounds good to me although I'd be okay with brown or something else.
Don't really care on the material.

I paid my balance to shoehealer last night and got my longwings THIS MORNING. W/o customs fees, seemingly. Amazing service. Pics forthcoming.

Yeah I've had some pretty quick shipping with DHL. Only been hit with customs fees once and they were less than fedex.
That 5 to 8 hour time difference can really work in our favor receiving things in North America too.
I've bought from retrickers on ebay early am pacific time and DHL was out for delivery the next day.

Also, I think with my Eatons, Shoe Healer shipped them before I even made my final payment.

bibs

Reaction score
got my Eatons as well ! super quick service by Richard and Michelle

Anyway on the fence with this one as i thought we were doing a pair with no brogueing.

haresh

Reaction score
Got my Eatons too. Excellent speedy service as usual. Great boots, love 'em.
After a very expensive MTO trial order last year, have finally figured out my size. When and what is the next MTO order as I am definitely interested ?

Haresh

rkusmant

Reaction score
Bibs, yeah not so many fans of the non brogue... LW boots need to have brogue details, otherwise it'll look like rain shoes cover.

Haresh, the next one will be:
LW boots / Tricker's Gollosh
Burnished burgundy calf
Tongue: burgundy suede
Natural welt
Brown commando sole
Last: 4497 or 4444

Discussion about last: Richard told me that suede tongue is possible, but could be just plain stitched, not half bellow tongue. Depending on thickness of suede, which couldn't be split like the regular calf leather. 4497 might work but could occupy more spaces due to half bellow tongue, 4444 will be safer bet since the half bellow tongue has more spaces compared to the 4497. Now I understand why my Eaton is tighter than Froswick.

Hearing this, I'll be leaning more to 4444 last, also 'more' space will help accomodate thicker socks.

rkusmant

Reaction score
Well 4497 last is smaller on the toe area, bellow tongue will have the folded part that'll be bunching around the ankle area, so it'll be tighter there. If it's loose tongue, there'll be less material around the ankle area. ell 4497 last is smaller on the toe area, bellow tongue will have the folded part that'll be bunching around the ankle area, so it'll be tighter there. If it's loose tongue, there'll be less material around the ankle area.

kebab

Reaction score
I got my MTO Longwings couple of days ago and they turned out even better than I anticipated. Truly a piece of art.

kebab

Reaction score
MTO Longwings arrived and they are indeed beautiful, even more than anticipated. Truly a great choice of materials and colors.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zappa