• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trench coat belt buckle replacement?

Haruspex

Reaction score
I've just scored a nice, if not excessively valuable, vintage navy trench coat from Ebay.uk. The construction seems sturdy, there's little wear, and the fit is slim, which suits me. My only complaint is the buckle: it's cheap plastic and may not be the original, since its style and surface texture is quite different from the buttons.

My question is this: is there an online source for these sorts of simple square buckles? Preferably a metal one, or leather wrapped. I've searched this site, AAAC and Googled a bit, but nothing seemed available outside of mass bulk purchases from China.

Amazing what you can get from China.

Any help is appreciated.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry has leather covered buckles, maybe they would sell you one. They replaced the one on my trench 21 free of charge.

Haruspex

Reaction score
Didn't see them on Burberry's site, but I can call their Atlanta store tomorrow, and see what they say.

Haruspex

Reaction score
The Burberry folks at the store seemed a little puzzled by my request, so I've emailed the mothership. We'll see how that goes.

Haruspex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Just say, the buckle on your Burberry coat needs replacing.
I confess to doing just that. They, clever bastards, said "Fine! Bring it in. We'll send it off to be fixed." Perhaps brand control? Are their buckles that idiosyncratic?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Call this shop, they will definately have what you are looking for.

Welcome to windsorbutton.com!
Since 1936, Windsor Button has been providing consumers in the Boston area with an outstanding selection of quality buttons, sewing and craft notions. We carry the largest assortment of buttons in the northeast, including selections from all over the world. Our extensive line of notions ranges from basic to specialty items.

We have added a full yarn department including basic to novelty yarn, as well as knitting needles, books, patterns, and accessories.

Address:
35 Temple Place
Boston, MA 02111

Phone:
617-482-4969

MisFinds

Reaction score
Haruspex,

I was wondering if you were able to get the replacement buckles for the Burberry coat you were looking for ? I have a similar need for a full set of them.. Did you get Leather ones to replace? Where did you find them ?

Appreciate anything you can lead me to !

Thanks.. Mis

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no trouble at all replacing the buckles on my wife's burberry trench (it's even vintage pre-2000). We took a couple pics of the wear on them, sent the pics into burberry via email, and they shipped out some to us, free of charge.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I replaced my GF's Burberry buckles with plastic ones (plastic over metal that is). Unless the Burberry police are in the same location she is, no one will ever know or care, and the plastic ones will probably out-live the coat.

Le Samourai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Haruspex
I've just scored a nice, if not excessively valuable, vintage navy trench coat from Ebay.uk. The construction seems sturdy, there's little wear, and the fit is slim, which suits me. My only complaint is the buckle: it's cheap plastic and may not be the original, since its style and surface texture is quite different from the buttons.

My question is this: is there an online source for these sorts of simple square buckles? Preferably a metal one, or leather wrapped. I've searched this site, AAAC and Googled a bit, but nothing seemed available outside of mass bulk purchases from China.

Amazing what you can get from China.

Any help is appreciated.

www.kleins.co.uk have what you want. Ships worldwide too.

Pat Sooy

Reaction score
Still waiting to hear from someone. I'm not too familiar with this site tell me what I must do.

josiko

Reaction score
I have just received high quality replacement buckles for my trench coat. I think you can get replacement buckles for your Burberry trench from the same supplier. Just make sure to carefully measure the size of your original buckles and order the buckles of the same or close enough sizes. Also, when orderding from this supplier, make sure to ask for the matching hooks as well. Here is the URL of the supplier:

http://www.hemispherenovelties.com/

When you know the size and color of the bukles you want, communicate with them via email. They are not so quick in their responses, but they'll send you very nice leather buckles at very reasonable prices and shipping cost.

Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads