1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Trench coat belt buckle replacement?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Haruspex, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Laaca

Laaca New Member

If your in need of a real leather buckle try ATbutton.com

2. Kerry Reynolds

Kerry Reynolds New Member

Try calling it a sash or sash belt buckle. You should get some responses with that. Mine did not have a tongue, so it was more like a sash.

3. NDND2012

NDND2012 Active Member

Anybody replaced the plastic buckles on a burberry trench with the leather ones? Is this a do it yourself project or will a tailor be necessary to take the belt etc apart / put it back together?

4. Mid-Modernist

Mid-Modernist Member

Bump.

Got a vintage Burberry from E-bay recently, and it looked great but for the condition of the buckles. I e-mailed Burberry through their main site, and while they did ask when and where I got the coat (Claimed ignorance!). The agreed to sell me replacements.

But unfortunately they weren't cheap.

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

A well-sorted haberdashers (tailoring supply) should stock them.

http://www.kleins.co.uk/leather-buckles-486-p.asp

Replacing a buckle is an easy job (can be done by hand).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

6. buttons100

buttons100 New Member

I was able to find authentic replacement buckles for my Burberry Coat at www.atbutton.com
    These are shipped right out and are absolutely beautiful buckles

7. buttons100

buttons100 New Member

8. buttons100

buttons100 New Member

9. giulitosto

giulitosto New Member

Hi everybody,

the laundry just damaged my Burberry trench and I now need the replacement for the leather buckles. I found the ones these ones on atbutton.com which looks good. However, I am not 100% sure about the correct sizes. Can you help me figure out? Here are the sizes I was thinking about buying for my trench:

- Sleeves buckles: 1" 25mm (http://www.atbutton.com/leather-buckle-style-with-prong-168)
    - Belt buckle: 2 1/2" 60mm (http://www.atbutton.com/leather-buckle-style-with-prong-169)

I attach here also some details of my trench to help you understand the model and the pictures of the replacements I have found on atbutton.com
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.32.38.png Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.32.28.png IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0136.JPG