1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You should just deputize me, as Wyatt did before the gunfight.

Here I am, mid spam attack:

[​IMG]

And that's after I finished with the street howitzer.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Doc always makes me laugh.

Btw, Doc, ever actually been to Tombstone?

3. DocHolliday

Doc always makes me laugh.

Btw, Doc, ever actually been to Tombstone?

Why yes, I have. Spent several days visiting there and wandering the surrounding desert. Even visited ol' Johnny Ringo's grave.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Why yes, I have. Spent several days visiting there and wandering the surrounding desert. Even visited ol' Johnny Ringo's grave.

Oh, where is Ringo's grave? Is it in the cemetery heading north out of town?

First time I was there, it was very cool to sit and have a beer at the Oriental.

Did you do Bisbee too?

5. DocHolliday

Oh, where is Ringo's grave? Is it in the cemetery heading north out of town?

First time I was there, it was very cool to sit and have a beer at the Oriental.

Did you do Bisbee too?

Ringo's grave is on private property far out in the desert. Surprisingly far, down many a dusty and lonely road. But it was worth the trip. Johnny died in a pretty spot, next to a stream, and is buried nearby.

You can see it here:

[​IMG]

They found Johnny in a tree without his boots but in possession of a bullethole to the head. It was deemed a suicide, but some folks still think it was murder. Maybe Doc or Wyatt got him.

Didn't make it to Bisbee. Worth the trip? I'm planning to go back to Tombstone, sooner or later.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Ringo's grave is on private property far out in the desert. Surprisingly far, down many a dusty and lonely road. But it was worth the trip. Johnny died in a pretty spot, next to a stream, and is buried nearby.

You can see it here:

They found Johnny in a tree without his boots but in possession of a bullethole to the head. It was deemed a suicide, but some folks still think it was murder. Maybe Doc or Wyatt got him.

Didn't make it to Bisbee. Worth the trip? I'm planning to go back to Tombstone, sooner or later.

Cool. I will look for that grave over the winter.

Yeah, go to Bisbee if you get a chance. Very cool town. Almost dead copper mining town, until a mass influx of hippies and beatniks in the 60s. There's a very kitchy B&B called The Inn at Castle Rock that was a 19th century boarding house for miners. I spent a 12th night in Bisbee once, on a very wild Celtic weekend. I piped people down the street to the Copper Queen historic hotel.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

You should just deputize me, as Wyatt did before the gunfight.

You are my huckleberry

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

9. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I always assumed being made a mod was some form of cruel punishment...

Yea, being a regular member is like being in a big playpen. Much easier than having to listen to whining and get all sorts of spam reports and being even handed and crap.

I dont envy them, although it would be fun to mess with Conne and Kwilkie.

K

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its fucking awful these days. Especially in MC. Pretty much turned me off from asking questions in either forum.
    Yes, please. I think a few PMs from j to the offenders would take care of it.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its fucking awful these days. Especially in MC. Pretty much turned me off from asking questions in either forum.
    Will never reach the level of SW&D where no questions are ever answered seriously and every n00b is laughed at and virtually dragged in tar and feathers.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i actually try to answer noob questions in sw&d because the responses are usually just former noobs trying and failing to be witty and snide.

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Will never reach the level of SW&D where no questions are ever answered seriously and every n00b is laughed at and virtually dragged in tar and feathers.

+1 Im going to go on a limb here. It seems that policy of not starting a thread and the label of special flower destroys new questions. It seems that the only people who can start new threads and not be laughed at are the "cool kids."

14. R-H

R-H Senior member

Here is a new spammer: imb12345
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Homme

Homme Senior member

Spam rampage from avena

16. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Gah, he/ she's on 91 posts now!

17. unjung

unjung Senior member

I like how we can swear here and it isn't filtered and no one gets mad.

18. j

j Senior member Admin

Glad to hear it. Please just keep it out of thread titles. Speaking of which, do other forums correct spelling in thread titles? I wonder if that's weird. I think I may be the only person who does that.

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Shit yeah! On another board I used the phrase GTHO (abbreviated like that) in response to a troll. A mod said "that language is a bit harsh we're all just expressing our opinions here" [​IMG] [​IMG] I was "demerited 20 points" (still don't know what that meant) and I never went there again. Keep up the good work SF mods! [​IMG] (no suckup)

20. j

j Senior member Admin

On another forum I use, I got lambasted via PM basically for asking facetiously if some people think pronouncing Italian words correctly "would be gay". Hard to explain. But seriously, some people need to remove the ass-stick from their computer chairs. I sometimes feel like there should be an agency whose function is to distribute weed and hookers to uptight Internet people. The world would be a happier place. [not that either of those things helps me stay un-uptight, but it's worth a shot.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.