• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
And you have a problem with this because...

Not that I was complaining, but she wasn't that hot. The whole enterprise felt a bit like a sociology grad student experiment.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JammieDodger
Not naming names, but my money is on Manouche. It's sad if that's the case, I thought I'd found a forum where female members weren't leered at for a minute there.
Cough*jet*cough Purely speculation, but easy to blame.

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Yeah. Less dry exposition, more fat jokes.
That means you will be insulting 50% of the American population and probably half the people on this forum. Not a wise move dude.
plain.gif

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear that. If its true that some creepy jerk freaked her out I think J should expose that person to the full forum.

Surely the administration here could check it out.

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
You're only saying that because yo mama 's so black she gets marked absent when she goes to night school. It doesn't bother the rest of us.
That sounds racist sir. Even if you were joking, it is NOT appropiate.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There's a new little troll named Executive. He's not a very good troll, as his posts are quite lame. But there seems little question that his sole purpose here is to ask stupid little questions in the hopes that someone will take him seriously, and then have a chuckle when someone does.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question.

If someone is IP banned, then that means they can still log on from work / wifi at the coffee house / etc right? Your IP is specific to your connection, not your laptop. Its not like it records the MAC address or anything.

And my BT broadband connection has a dynamic IP, so it changes occasionally. Does that mean that if I were to be banned then I could just wait until the IP was reassigned and I would be able to log on again? (of course the login would be disabled, so I would need to register again)

K

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Question.

If someone is IP banned, then that means they can still log on from work / wifi at the coffee house / etc right? Your IP is specific to your connection, not your laptop. Its not like it records the MAC address or anything.

And my BT broadband connection has a dynamic IP, so it changes occasionally. Does that mean that if I were to be banned then I could just wait until the IP was reassigned and I would be able to log on again? (of course the login would be disabled, so I would need to register again)

K

Yes. Or you could use a proxy (e.g. SOCKS).

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Question.

K

to the best of my knowledge, almost right. Your username will also be banned, so you would have to go to work, sign up with a new username, and then use that one...once we know it is you, well then we will probably ban that IP too. Dynamic thingy - not sure.

Aint perfect, but best we got...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. I'm not planning on getting banned anytime anyways.

Thought just struck me and I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff

K

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, fair enough. I'm not planning on getting banned anytime anyways.

Thought just struck me and I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff

K

I believe j can ban a whole IP range too.

JammieDodger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
I believe j can ban a whole IP range too.

Would he do that, though? I used to frequent a forum where they tried this but too many other members ended up being banned as a consequence.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I only ban ranges when it is obvious that everyone from a range is a spammer (usually ranges in China or India), or the range is all known proxies. To my knowledge I've banned the ranges of probably 90%+ of known public proxies to help combat spam and stupidity.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harry Lean
That means you will be insulting 50% of the American population and probably half the people on this forum. Not a wise move dude.
plain.gif

Yeah, one of them might get mad and sit on you.
Im sorry to hear that. If its true that some creepy jerk freaked her out I think J should expose that person to the full forum. Someone ought to run a poll as to who it might be.
frown.gif
Also, the poll creator should save RJman the trouble and cast his vote for Americajinda.

Agreed. I read the WAYWT threads only sporadically, but I had noticed comments in various places that -- well, let's just say they went beyond commenting on her style choices. She may well have invited such comments, I wasnt paying attention. But if someone did say something inappropriate that made her uncomfortable, that's obviously a shame.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Yeah, one of them might get mad and sit on you.

Agreed. I read the WAYWT threads only sporadically, but I had noticed comments in various places that -- well, let's just say they went beyond commenting on her style choices. She may well have invited such comments, I wasnt paying attention. But if someone did say something inappropriate that made her uncomfortable, that's obviously a shame.

I thought the comments were all pretty tame. Im assuming if there was a problem it was a bunch of creepy stuff written in a pm - you know, like the stuff I write to you.

I go to the WAYWT all the time. I thought NT had a nice shape for jeans etc. Get Smart is a pretty cool dresser and my unbroken streak of not knowing a single band or song playing on RYE's Ipod keeps my interest up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads