• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOOK YOUR GUYS advice but with my personal style

dressed2kill

Reaction score
First off yes the tie is too long. I cant believe im wearing single breasted suit. I made sure the pocket square did not clash with tie(windsor) and the cuffs were fixed although you can not see. I like what I've done. By the way what ever you say about the hat it stays. Thanks for the help on the last one so I look forward to seeing if you think its better. And less steriotypical to say the least.

14101400364.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your tie is too long down past your waist; other than that you look sharp.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still visibly out of the ordinary but it looks a lot better.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Much better, but although I know you don't want to hear it, that hat makes you look like you're wearing a costume. If you got one more in proportion with your head/face/neck size, it would look a heck of a lot better.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hat, like the tie, is definitely too big. Also, seeing it a second time, I am absolutely certain that you would benefit from a larger tie knot and a spread collar (would also push you farther from the gangster image, which I suspect is not where you want to be).

dressed2kill

Reaction score
I actually found a db suit that doesn't look gangster I know it sticks out more than the single breasted but it still was tailored for me so no 20's capone box the tie is a pattrick james.
14102084553.jpg

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Much, much better. Smaller hat, shorter tie, solid shirt and spread collar would make a big difference. This I think you could pull off.

(Two other small suggestions: A narrower tie would better fit your frame, and a larger knot might look better.)

dressed2kill

Reaction score
ok form now on I wont post any more db suits because I know the reaction its going to cause. But I understand.

pkincy

Reaction score
I like the suit a lot. I might not pick that shirt/tie combo but it looks good on you. Also I am not a hat man and never have been so won't comment there.

You dress better than any 19 year old I have had the occasion to see in a long time. My daughter is a professional Hip Hop dancer (or is that "performer"), so you know what I am used to.

I do think you would look good in DB, but the beauty of a DB is when it is cut slim to the body since you can't suppress the waist so it needs to be a bit of a hip hugger.

I'll expand on what I think about costumes. Everyone wears one. Business people costume up in suits daily. Trads costume up continually. Young people costume up as preps, Goths, HipHop, etc., etc. It makes people more comfortable to know that they are dressing within their costume and peer's parameters.

I categorically reject that you look like you have on a costume....your look is too unique to be anyones costume.

You can lead, follow or get out of the way. Obviously you choose to lead. Go for it.

Also, you tend to listen to advice more than 90% of the late teens I know.

Perry

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dressed2kill
ok form now on I wont post any more db suits because I know the reaction its going to cause. But I understand.
Not sure why you think that, but I can assure you there are a lot of people here who love double breasted suits.

dressed2kill

Reaction score
pkincy thank you its good to have one person who agrees with me. thanks again
your a stand up guy.

dressed2kill

Reaction score
one think is for sure I need to work on my tie shirt combo's. Now that I look at it there are to many geometric shapes and lines. Next time My shirt wont have any patterns that clash with the tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads