• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tom Ford Shirt

riccardonapoli

Reaction score
Hello my name is Riccardo and I love every Tom Ford creations. My question is : this summers i was been in Hong Hong were i wanted to buy a Tom Ford shirt but, every my size shirt (40) was too tight for me
frown.gif
. Every tipes of shirts are so slim fit ?
I want to buy a Tom's shirt but I'm undecided because in my city (Napoli) a can't find a Tom Ford Shop, so I must to buy in Milano flagship without the opportunity to test one.

Thank you and sorry for my english !!!!

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by riccardonapoli
My question is : does mr Ford only one shape for RTW shirt ?

Thank you.

Tom Ford's dress shirts have two body types: slim and classic. Obviously, the slim body types will be much more fitted, and if that has been your problem, I would look for his shirts in the classic body type.

Albern

Reaction score
Another alternative is to go MTO. Is that something you can consider? I think it's only a few hundred dollars more if I remember correctly.

riccardonapoli

Reaction score
No, because I live far away from Milano. Generally i buy MTO Barba Shirts also because the Barba Factory is close my house, the prices are very cheaper then the other MTO shirts and the quality is very very good.

Zani

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

The only place to buy in a TF shop in France is Paris and i am not from Paris. So I think about going to Paris soon because of the sales. Those sales involve TF shops. I want to get some TF shirts and to be honest I already started searching on the net informations about TF shirts.

Yet, I still got many questions as :

- I called some days ago the 2 TF shops in Paris and both told me shirts cost start at around 450 euros (over 500 dollars). I am really surprised cause i heard it was much more from 350 dollars (less than 300 euros)?!

- In France, we use to consider that the last button of a well made shirt must be horizontal. I saw pictures of many TF shirts, and it's a bit weird, but it seems it's vertical like all the other buttons of the shirts. Am i mistaking or is it really vertical?

Thanks a lot,

Zani.

Capitano

Reaction score
How does a Tom Ford shirt compare to a RL Purple Label in terms of quality and cut,

Anyone has experienced both ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads