• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
DO NOT TAPE THE LAMBSKIN, it WILL rip the top finish off. On calf it might be slightly okay but still, that's gonna ruin the lambskin for sure, I've done it before. It takes all the gloss off wherever the tape sticks.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
More deetz on baseball jacket!

This, time for it to be revealed.
biggrin.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
DO NOT TAPE THE LAMBSKIN, it WILL rip the top finish off. On calf it might be slightly okay but still, that's gonna ruin the lambskin for sure, I've done it before. It takes all the gloss off wherever the tape sticks.
What do you think about the sleeve thing / snap issue? Granted in the former case it'd probably help if I had a fit pic.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
it's not an issue - that's how they're made, man. If you powdercoated a high wear area like the male side of a snap, it'd just wear off anyway, so we kept them slick and uncoated. If you don't like it, and you're talented enough to get a small modeler's brush and black enamel, you could paint them, but don't mask it off with tape.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charly will not do you wrong with the sizing help. He's some sort of wizard in that sense. All you gotta do is give him some A/S/L info and he will do the rest.

Truth be told, I avoided ToJ for a while because I was skeptical of how the fit would be. But I crossed the threshold and said I'm going to try it, and I'm glad I went for it. Ever since then, I've been averaging one ToJ piece per month or so.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the sleeves are not an issue either - that's also how they're made. The sleeves would bag out at the elbow like crazy if they were tight. If you think they need shrinking, then give it a super hot soak in the shower on a hanger that fits, for about 20 minutes or so. The black leather handles washing well. Just don't touch the actual leather when it's wet or you can damage the finish. A wash will bring the sleeves in a tad and you can assess them then. It will also make the leather a little less susceptible to stretching.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
The jacket gave you bruises? Is the jacket that restrictive on you?

ya in the upper forearms. i think the thing fits right else especially in the sleeve length and front and back length. i didn't feel it restricting the me that bad, just figured its a new calf dr and i just gotta break it in but when i took it off there was red marks on my upper forearms indicative of a loss of blood flow lol. funny cuz i was scared it'd be big on me.

zaff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
What do you think about the sleeve thing / snap issue? Granted in the former case it'd probably help if I had a fit pic.

Just take a different viewpoint on the snaps. Collar down for stealth, collar up for who-gives-a-**** attitude.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
the sleeves are not an issue either - that's also how they're made. The sleeves would bag out at the elbow like crazy if they were tight. If you think they need shrinking, then give it a super hot soak in the shower on a hanger that fits, for about 20 minutes or so. The black leather handles washing well. Just don't touch the actual leather when it's wet or you can damage the finish. A wash will bring the sleeves in a tad and you can assess them then. It will also make the leather a little less susceptible to stretching.

Drew, do people actually do this? I'm just curious. Put a jacket on a hanger and han it over the shower head for 20 minutes to shrink it? How did you find out about this anyway? Haha. Postwhoring before 11PM hits.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah I am inclined to just say "f it" with the snaps, it's not really a thing. Re: washing, you mean just turn on the shower to hottest and point the nozzle at the jacket? Thing is, everywhere but the sleeves is good, so I would be concerned with washing shrinking the rest of the jacket.

Woodyear

Reaction score
Just soak the sleeves in hot water then, it's not rocket science. I throw leathers in the washing machine on hot and dry in my dryer on hot too if theyre a little too big. Shrinks em up an inch or two in all dimensions, gets em really fitting right.

Of course ymmv with this, as it can also ruin jackets depending on the finish and if you're not attentive you can end up with a baby sized jacket like when I used to let my grandma wash my clothes in highschool.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Tape up the whole your jacket and use spray paint? Wtf? Why not just cover up that small area around the buttons and use something like those small tubes of black appliance paint.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
Drew, do people actually do this? I'm just curious. Put a jacket on a hanger and han it over the shower head for 20 minutes to shrink it? How did you find out about this anyway? Haha. Postwhoring before 11PM hits.

yeah I do it sometimes to the samples to just f around with them. You can put it on a hanger, hold it in your hand, not rocket science, but the idea is that you want to get the leather wet on the front and on the backside where it's raw to get it really soaked through. The lining will be fine.
It does threee things:
-shrinks the grain slightly
-knocks off the gloss (which is lanolin and some feed from the dying/finishing process, which is bound to be released later anyway)
-shrinks the leather SLIGHTLY - not a size or two. I don't think it shrinks even a half size with this thick lamb, maybe a quarter. It's noticeable but not measurable really.

Calf will not benefit from washing in the same way, so I wouldn't bother.

Washing in machine is NOT recommended, obviously, unless you want to **** up your recent $710 purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads