• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Melbush

Reaction score
Dear lord. What was this, a massive splurge before they putatively closed down? But, sympathies; I'd be antsy too if I had that much at stake and nary an update.

Just looked in after a while--it doesn't seem like I should think about getting my MDR by the end of 2015 (I'd ordered mid-late December '14). Was kind of hoping for it to arrive before the New England winter ends...maybe early spring, then.
You ordered in December '14? You're living in the future.

I ordered 2 jackets in February: I don’t really expect them before Feb-March 2015. By the way, does anyone know what the steel blue suede looks like?

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
I sent an email to Charly regarding my order, he replied promptly and put me at ease by saying I was in the next batch. Ordered leather MA-1 mid july

TheObserver

Reaction score
Any anecdote about people dying in-between ordering and receiving their jackets?
Back in December when I got close to 20 weeks (my initial quote), I promised to show my TOJ to my grandfather, who was a leather collector and had great enthusiasm in fine leather goods. He seemed to be very eager and kept asking about it every time I visited him in hospital. I couldn't keep my word since he passed away 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Landscape

Reaction score

Has anyone had any experience with altering a jacket? I'm possible looking to shorten sleeve and body length.
I know this may be silly to ask since the jackets are made MTM. I bought one off B&S and might alter instead of trying to resell.

Would also be interested in hearing experiences with altering leather jackets.

veekta

Reaction score
Back in December when I got close to 20 weeks (my initial quote), I promised to show my TOJ to my grandfather, who was a leather collector and had great enthusiasm in fine leather goods. He seemed to be very eager and kept asking about it every time I visited him in hospital. I couldn't keep my word since he passed away 2 months ago.
that is really sad.. :(

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Back in December when I got close to 20 weeks (my initial quote), I promised to show my TOJ to my grandfather, who was a leather collector and had great enthusiasm in fine leather goods. He seemed to be very eager and kept asking about it every time I visited him in hospital. I couldn't keep my word since he passed away 2 months ago. 

Not sure if this is a joke but if it isn't my sincere condolences anyway.

WARNING GENERAL MESSAGE ABOUT DUMB GUESSES I JUST READ IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN THREAD, KEEPING IN MIND I AM NOT INVOLVED WITH TOJ, HAD A FEW BEERS WITH DREW ONCE, HE WAS A NICE GUY.

I sincerely doubt TOJ stocks years of hides for production and that you guys will get "lower quality stuff", they provide calf and lamb leather, up to their standards, and these goods are readily available on the market as a lot of leather goods are made. It's not like you ordered a prime quality python leather trench with vicuna lining. Don't panic, you'll get what others have gotten before.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sorry man...

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I've ordered my jacket:

• The Ukraine has been invaded by Russia; annexes Crimea.
  • Fred Phelps, the pastor of Westboro Baptist Church has died
  • ISIS began a violent Sunni uprising in Syria and Northern Iraq
  • Nelson Mandela dies at 95
  • My cat ruffles dies at 23
  • The Ebola Virus spreads throughout Africa and cases emerge across the world
  • Airplane with 298 passengers are shot down over Ukraine
  • Israel/Hamas conflict escalates, killing thousands of Palestinians and dozens of Israelis.
  • Boys are killed and girls are abducted by Boko Haram
  • Facebook buys WhatsApp for 19 billion dollars
  • Orlando Bloom attempts to punch Justin Bieber
  • Dr Dre because the first rapper billionaire; still no sign of Detox
  • Voyager 1 leaves our Solar system without a EMS tracking #

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For those who have owned a ToJ lamb leather jacket for at least some months, how is it faring? At your current rate of wear and care, how long do you feel it will last? A couple of years? Five, longer...? What is your routine, if any, that you do to take care of your jacket?

mine melted in the rain

juuust kidding. my black lamb dr: it's got some scuffs from scraping against stuff here and there, and it probably wouldn't do well if, say, I fell off my bicycle in it or like rolled down a mountain or something, but normal life will not wear it out. i've had mine for more than a year. it's my most-worn jacket, especially in rainy conditions. I could imagine having this for 5 years or more, yes. I've Lexoled it, as I recall, twice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads