• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These jackets aren't meant to have 'waist suppression' in the sense that a suit jacket would have. They're meant to sit on your hips so it'd look a bit odd (and a bit like a woman's jacket) to follow the lines of your torso exactly. They're already slim as is.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ true dat.

I think Drew has said before (correct me if I'm wrong), but the TOJ style (at least for the riders) is having square shoulders with clean lines. I interpret that as slim, but masculine silhouette.

Last edited:

HAMGRAVY

Reaction score
will be awhile til you see new leathers - I'm going on vacation for 3 days from next Monday,

Hey Drew does the TOJ machine keep on rolling while your away or do things come to a halt? I’m waiting on my new bomber...:slayer:

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

will be awhile til you see new leathers - I'm going on vacation for 3 days from next Monday,

Hey Drew does the TOJ machine keep on rolling while your away or do things come to a halt? I’m waiting on my new bomber...:slayer:

I will keep processing orders and helping customers. Daniel will keep getting your things made and having them shipped out.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charly says too much waist suppression makes you look like a woman!
shog[1].gif

absolutely true. You want a \/ shape, not a )( shape

Grug

Reaction score

-__-
nothwithit, you don't really have an abnormal drop or out of tis world measurements. You are normal.

Then consider the question coming from me. :embar:

absolutely true. You want a \/ shape, not a )( shape

main.php

This is what happens though with a V-cut jacket on an )( shaped torso. IMO it isn't flattering. Better to show off the width of the shoulders an maintain a leaner silhouette through a suppressed waist I think - it's certainly part of what helps my altered Moto attract a lot of comments (ableit worn open).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads