1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on this tie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Mar 17, 2005.

1. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I won this last night I thought it was interesting, yet subdued due to the colors. I'm currently upgrading a thin tie collection one interesting piece at a time.

2. arvi

arvi Senior member

very nice..good price too...seems like the other bidder (t22bid) really wanted to buy [​IMG]

3. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Looks like a sharp tie - and you got it at a great price.

Nice Ebay ID as well, especially today - Go Cats.

Bradford

4. mrprlover

mrprlover Senior member

I think I need more pics. sheesh.

e

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I bought two ties from this seller last month (or maybe two months ago) - a blue striped behar and a purple turnbull & asser. Â I was very happy with the purchase. Â No flaws as far as I could see. The olive/blue paisley is a nice combination.

6. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I remember 97 like it was yesterday, Bradford. Best extended two week period of my life, bar none. I still remember crying tears of joy (probably the hardest I've ever cried in my life, if you can believe it) when we beat Kansas in the Sweet 16. I actually got to attend the Final Four in Indianapolis -- I've never loved such a drab town so much.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

My guess is that you'll be crying tears of sorrow soon enough. Â [​IMG] Go Cowboys. Oh, nice tie. Â Would go great with any blue-striped shirt.

8. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

JN3
    Nice tie, great price. I have something similar from Bizzocchi.
    I would stick with the woven ties, this is a textured print and does not knot as nicely as the woven Bizzochi's.

Try Last Call during their markdowns, pretty easy to find Bizzocchi ties in the $18 to $25 range, they are by far my favorite ties along with Nicky and Brioni.

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

that is a fantastic tie.

10. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Seems like neat tie for a good price. I have to say that the seller has the most annoying tie auction format though... sit back and wait for his 3048329403824093248 pictures to load, and not one of them a full shot of the tie from a normal angle.

11. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nice tie.

13 Pictures to be precise. What I find strange though is that some of them are pretty much duplicates of the same pic before.

12. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Paisleys must be in. I won these a couple of days ago. (No comment on '97 champs other than, well, the '96 and '98 champs were better... [​IMG] ) Oh, yes, great tie, Johnny. Good price, too.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Great ties all. I've fell in love with paisley ties in grade 9, when I insisted on getting one for a public speaking combination.

AlanC, especially like the Holliday & Brown.

14. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Yes, I particularly like the H&B, too.

I've only recently warmed up to paisleys, actually. I think the problem is that most paisleys I saw were really ugly. I'm seeing a lot more vibrant and beautiful paisleys these days. I don't know if they were always there and I missed them, or there are just more now.

15. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

I hate paisleys.

I would hate it if paisleys were coming back into fashion again.

Maybe it's a necessary evil after small floral print and obnoxious multistripes.

Luc.

16. Cliff

Cliff Senior member

Nice tie and the price was right.

17. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

Good-looking tie with texture, at a great price for the quality. Seems versatile, for both navy and charcoal suits.