• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on these credit card cases?

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
i onno but i think Louis Vuitton credit card case will make u look more professional and successful

LOL.

In any case, most of the card cases shown so far in this thread are a bit boring IMO.
My favourite (actually, my only) one is an orange alligator one by Tardini. A bit "flashy" maybe, but I like it. However, I am not sure to what extent it makes me look professional and successful.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, at least 2 pockets per side are a necessity. Coach gets a bad rap, but their water buffalo items are pretty nice, IMO. This is what the British Tan card case will look like after a few years of use:
IMG_7783.JPG
I picked that one up at one of their outlets, I believe for about $20. I see nothing wrong it, either in terms of materials or craftsmanship. Mine was recently run over by a car but remains in good shape.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
For me, at least 2 pockets per side are a necessity. Coach gets a bad rap, but their water buffalo items are pretty nice, IMO. This is what the British Tan card case will look like after a few years of use:

IMG_7783.JPG

I picked that one up at one of their outlets, I believe for about $20. I see nothing wrong it, either in terms of materials or craftsmanship. Mine was recently run over by a car but remains in good shape.

There is nothing wrong with it. But I find it a bit "boring". I firmly favour a more flashy look. Alligator and fancy colours. I normally keep my credit card case away from being run over by cars.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about putting yur credit cards in your wallets or in your jacket's pocket?

The all credit card cases look affected anyway...

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
How will a Louis Vuitton card case make someone appear more "professional and successful" than another person who owns an unbranded card case? Do you equate an article of clothing with a European designer logo with prestige? Don't listen to this guy. He has very gaudy taste. Look at his blog. (http://sohighfashion.blogspot.com/) He is a self-professed "noveau riche." All he seems to own is Hermes, Gucci, Armani, Prada, and Louis Vuitton stuff emblazoned with ugly logos. I'm sorry to pick on you, but a lot of your posts encourage people to buy certain brands because celebrities wear them. For example: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=11 http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=28 http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...40&postcount=7 http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...8&postcount=12 I wonder if you are for real, or just someone getting a good laugh trolling.
lol8[1].gif

hahaha My opinion: I like the Tumi out of the ones you selected. I also like the Coach with the money clip that someone mentioned. It's a card holder however. I don't care what anyone says, a 20$ unbranded one at target will do the job. Don't waste your time even thinking about this...

MKB

Reaction score
Tumi looks like plastic in that photo. Way too much logo on the other two. Of the three, though, I'd go with the Alden.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of any of those. If I had to pick it would be the Tumi.
I use a vintage Coach wallet. Though, I just bought a couple Jack Spade wallets that I might switch to.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
i onno but i think Louis Vuitton credit card case will make u look more professional and successful
Everyone, you owe it to yourselves to click on the blog in his sig. It's a real gem. This guy actually lists the prices of things he purchases/consumes, and photographs his receipts. He's like vox, just less baller, and a lot smaller.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
RL used to do a great one that was about 1/4in taller than most card cases, meaning you had two (or was it 3?) pockets on each side and the middle was tall enough to hold a bill folded over once without it sticking out. Sadly, I don't see it on their site anymore, but perhaps a store will have it. For something a little more colorful I just noticed their tartan leather one, which looks pretty cool.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads